what are your thoughts on the Sinn 256?

Thread: what are your thoughts on the Sinn 256?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what are your thoughts on the Sinn 256?

I am interested in purchasing a watch and I happened across the Sinn 256. I know this watch is based off the 156 model but is smaller and has the valjoux instead of lemania movement. Those of you who own the 256 or have interacted with one, what are your thoughts on the watch as in durability and wear/tear for an everyday wear watch? Also, I was curious to know whether I could get this watch with a saphirre crystal glass instead of the acrylic glass they provide? Any help that you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: what are your thoughts on the Sinn 256?

Hello,

Never owned one, but the 256 has long been one of my favorites. I own and wear the 156's and have no problem with the acrylic crystal. I wear one as not quite a beater, but gets a lot of wrist time. A tube of Polywatch put her in order if the crystal get scuffed. I have owned a few of the 7750 chrono's and again no complaint. Solid, reliable movements which are capable of high accuracy. If I were to pick one up, I would go for the classic looks of the Pilots version of the 256, but one of the others is offered with the Sa crystal. To my eye a great looking watch. Would love to own one if you get her in and NEED to flip :-D

T
    Last edited by bnt2; May 13th, 2006 at 14:14.

I have handled all 3 models...

The 256 is a great model, a bit smaller and easy to wear. I prefer the Ta and Ty models over the basic model mainly because it has the sapphire crystal. The watch just feels bulletproof with the sapphire crystal and the basic 256 felt too light for me, although I do like the larger brother of this the 156 with acrylic crystal.
    Regards
    Russ
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm a fan of the 256 as well, specifically the 256ty. A steal for the money with the 7750 and sapphire.

Russ could you post some more pics of the 256ty. It might be all I need to finally make me pull the trigger

Imis.

Re: I have handled all 3 models...

Quote Originally Posted by russ g
    The 256 is a great model, a bit smaller and easy to wear. I prefer the Ta and Ty models over the basic model mainly because it has the sapphire crystal. The watch just feels bulletproof with the sapphire crystal and the basic 256 felt too light for me, although I do like the larger brother of this the 156 with acrylic crystal.
    Regards
    Russ
    I have a 256 Ta model on the way from overseas. Picked it up at a price I just could not pass up. It's one the few Sinn models I have not yet owned, so I felt compelled to pull the trigger.
    -Steve
    -----------------------------------------------
    Watches:
    Rolex Sub-C 116610
    Tag Heuer AquaRacer Chrono CAF1110
    Autos:
    Jaguar XF 2010
    ------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I like the look of the basic 256 model (the black beezel with the red hands IMHO rocks ). I also like the smaller diameter (38,5mm)... my only concern is that is has the same height (16,5mm) as the 103... so it looks even more bulky. :-S

Kind regards Philipp

Quote Originally Posted by philipp
    Hello,

I like the look of the basic 256 model (the black beezel with the red hands IMHO rocks ). I also like the smaller diameter (38,5mm)... my only concern is that is has the same height (16,5mm) as the 103... so it looks even more bulky. :-S

Kind regards Philipp
    The 256 height is 14 mm per the Sinn website. So the 256 is portionately smaller in diameter and height than the 103. The 256 is also only 68 grams in weight including the saphire crystal on the Ta model. Plus both the Ta and Ty models are water resistant to 20 bar.
    -Steve
    -----------------------------------------------
    Watches:
    Rolex Sub-C 116610
    Tag Heuer AquaRacer Chrono CAF1110
    Autos:
    Jaguar XF 2010
    ------------------------------------------------

Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by pugridiron
    The 256 height is 14 mm per the Sinn website. So the 256 is portionately smaller in diameter and height than the 103. The 256 is also only 68 grams in weight including the saphire crystal on the Ta model. Plus both the Ta and Ty models are water resistant to 20 bar.
    According to the actual Sinn catalog (page 154/155) and the 2005 english PDF version (page 148/149) the height of the basic 256 is 16,5mm. Height of Ta/Ty is 14,8mm, weight is 78 grams.

The given height reflects my live experience with the basic 256 compared to the 103.

Kind regards Philipp

The domed acrylic crystal on the original 256 makes that watch higher than the flat sapphire crystal of the Ta/Ty.

I wish soemoen would come up with a flat, relaibale automatic chronograph movement ... so many nice chronographs in the Sinn showroom, and oh so tall all of them!
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader
    I wish soemoen would come up with a flat, relaibale automatic chronograph movement ... so many nice chronographs in the Sinn showroom, and oh so tall all of them!
    True! That's why my 103 St Ty (15,5mm) is currently in Frankfurt for height-shrinking. The doomed saphire crystal option flattens the watch by 0,7mm compared to the acrylic crystal.

Kind regards Philipp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information