What's the deal?
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: What's the deal?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What's the deal?

I love the brand and was thinking of buying one. Just curious as there's usually a lot for sale on the forums. Seems to be one of the most flipped brand. Also servicing don't seem to good in the states. Lots of complaints. Am I exaggerating?
    Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    I love the brand and was thinking of buying one. Just curious as there's usually a lot for sale on the forums. Seems to be one of the most flipped brand. Also servicing don't seem to good in the states. Lots of complaints. Am I exaggerating? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/think.gif[/IMG]
    High quality, German Made tool watch, at an honest price. I've had a 356 for six years, and have no complaints. Just got it back from its first service at RGM in Pennsylvania, and was very impressed with their customer service. Service on the 7750 chronograph movement was around $450, I'm not sure what the cost would be for a non-chrono model. Expect to pay more for service on one of the models with special case technology such as gas filled or the moisture absorbing capsule, but RGM is able to do it, so you shouldn't have to send it back to Germany.

Re: What's the deal?

Seems to be one of the most flipped brand. Also servicing don't seem to good in the states. Lots of complaints. Am I exaggerating?
    I don't entirely agree with you here, I must say. I don't think it's one of the most flipped brands by any means. As for the servicing, you're right that RGM at times can be a mixed bag. There certainly have been a fair number of complaints recently. At the same time, there are plenty of people who have had good luck with RGM. And if you don't want to deal with them, you can always deal with Sinn directly by sending to Germany.

Anyhow, I wouldn't let the concerns you've stated above get between you and a Sinn.
    Dan Pierce and watchesoff like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm not in the states but bought my first Sinn earlier this year. It had to be sent back immediately due to quality control issues and 6 months down the track things still aren't resolved.

Reading the forums and looking closely at pics online, quality control and attention to detail don't seem to be Sinn's strong points. If you're bothered by small things being off (e.g. alignment of hands, day/date, lume pip, fitment of end links etc.) then you might want to read up some more before making a decision. Especially when you couple it with limited/questionable after sales support.

All that said, my Sinn 103 is still my favourite watch at the moment. It's got a level of charm that at the moment is enough to offset the bad feelings caused by poor service and quality control.

I'm on my fourth Sinn now, have liked all of them. I got this so early in my collecting phase, that flipped some for others when my taste changed. Nothing wrong with the watches.

I would think Sinn is in a price category of many serial flippers.
    janiboi and Upstater like this.
    Cheers, M

"Both feet on the floor, two hands on the wheel, may the wind take your troubles away."

- Son Volt -

Love the brand. They stand behind their products with warranty coverage that transfers from owner to owner. It is true, though, that some of their watches do, in fact, have to be sent back to Germany for servicing and warranty work. I had a U2 which had to go back due to a crumbling dehumidifying capsule. My experience wasn't bad, though, with a turnaround of about 2 months.

If I didn’t rate Sinn as a brand I wouldn’t keep buying them.
    Memento Vivere likes this.

In my experience of looking at sales, I have not noticed a glut of Sinns on the market. Quite few really.

I love the brand and was thinking of buying one. Just curious as there's usually a lot for sale on the forums. Seems to be one of the most flipped brand. Also servicing don't seem to good in the states. Lots of complaints. Am I exaggerating?
    Iíll have to disagree with your assessment of Sinn.

Go on watchrecon... Usually 1-2 pages of Sinnís for sale. Compare that to Rolex, Omega,Seiko.... easily 17 to 30 pages on those brands.

Service is excellent in my ďone timeĒ experience. My new to me T1B needed warranty service and Rob at WatchBuy was extremely helpful. RGM did a great job as well. About a two week turnaround.

I highly recommend going to a WatchBuys Roadshow and experience Sinn nirvana. Once you see them in person, Iím sure youíll be blown away by the quality and design.

Cheers
    Shannon

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
    Camguy likes this.
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinnís: EZM9, EZM14ĖT1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Sinn: U1 S Blue, U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

Quote Originally Posted by Spring-Diver View Post
    Iíll have to disagree with your assessment of Sinn.

Go on watchrecon... Usually 1-2 pages of Sinnís for sale. Compare that to Rolex, Omega,Seiko.... easily 17 to 30 pages on those brands.

Service is excellent in my ďone timeĒ experience. My new to me T1B needed warranty service and Rob at WatchBuy was extremely helpful. RGM did a great job as well. About a two week turnaround.

I highly recommend going to a WatchBuys Roadshow and experience Sinn nirvana. Once you see them in person, Iím sure youíll be blown away by the quality and design.

Cheers
    Shannon

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
    I did attend a Roadshow. I'm a fan I'm just stating the servicing issues. Maybe it's hit or miss, or just blown out of proportion from what I heard.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Spring-Diver likes this.
    Regards,

Richard

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information