Why is it so hard to find a L5100 142 St for sale?

Thread: Why is it so hard to find a L5100 142 St for sale?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Picture Why is it so hard to find a L5100 142 St for sale?

I mean... I already have mine but was wondering If it was intelligent to sell it or not... but everytime I search ebay for some market research I find none!!

I'm wondering ... looks like I made a pretty good deal on buying this one when they were running out....

Here's some Sinn .... for you guys ;)

Re: Why is it so hard to find a L5100 142 St for sale?

You gotta remember it goes in cycles. Each cycle is different for each watch. Years ago, I really wanted a Minerva Pythagore. I haunted TZ for some time. It finally became available, and for several weeks or months, there was a flood of them. Then they dried up (until the next time).

But it seems like you did well with your watch, so I would just enjoy it!

Cheers!

Dan

Oh yes; I believe it was indeed a good move to pick one of those up before they started to run out.

Initially, I was quite keen when Sinn announced the D1 series, but in the end the missing running second hand on the D1 changed my mind.

I never really understood why Sinn reduced the functionality of this classic tool watch on the last 500 watches they built.
    My personal favourite remains the 142 before Sinn introduced the intergrated bracelet.

Kurt

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

About the integrated bracelet.... When I ordered mine they sent it with that Integrated bracelet which I hated :/ I thought I would never get the classic bracelet for mine, but they admited the error and sent the classic one very fast :)

Confused Re: Why is it so hard to find a L5100 142 St for sale?

i'm also a 142 owner...second time around. a few years back i was lucky enough to score an original 142 with the non-integrated bracelet. i ended up selling it...and regretted doing so quickly thereafter.

within a year after luck struck again...this time integrated bracelet model but still with the L5100, with the subdials (not a fan of the D1 special dial). i was actually surprised to like the integrated bracelet much more. i tend to like chunky watches, but there was something too angular and "pointy" around the lugs with the non-integrated bracelet. with the fully integrated version, the chunkiness is retained but the aesthetics (for me) visually flow a lot more fluid.

also had the U2 for a while too. amazingly hefty watch, but the dial ended up being uninspiring (almost boring) for me.

here's the killer - after all that, i'm likely going to sell the 142 off again
    go figure. who knows, maybe it'll come back around again after i get rid of it!

How many of the original first 142s, with the Lemania 5100, were made? Was it a limited run?
    Doesn't seem to be too many of these iconic watches floating around.

Someone in another forum was selling his 142. I was comtemplating on the issue of servicing of the watch in terms of continuity.

Now that the L5100 is out of production, in the next 15 years or so, how can the existing batch get their original parts replaced and how will the newer batches of watch repairers know how to service a Lemania 5100?

In this case, should we as consumers buy pre-owned 142 (or any of the Lemania movements watch) since it is no longer support?

IMHO since many factories were using Lemania for long time, I don't think Lemania parts will ever be extinct.
    Last edited by TZAG; August 23rd, 2008 at 03:45.
    just above sea level

Quote Originally Posted by TZAG View Post
    IMHO since many factories were using Lemania for long time, I don't think Lemania parts will ever be extinct.
    That is a very good point. Thanks for reminding us!

Dan

I hope so too. I am thinking of starting my vintage Moonwatch collections...

Choe

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information