Yikes! UX coming apart!

Thread: Yikes! UX coming apart!

Yikes! UX coming apart!

OK, I exaggerated. It's only the Sinn 'coin' on the caseback that's become wobbly and moveable. I think the glue used is probably not strongly enough for desk diving. And I'd thought this sort of things happened only with Doxa (speaking from experience).
    Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Re: Yikes! UX coming apart!

Quote Originally Posted by psikat View Post
    OK, I exaggerated. It's only the Sinn 'coin' on the caseback that's become wobbly and moveable. I think the glue used is probably not strongly enough for desk diving. And I'd thought this sort of things happened only with Doxa (speaking from experience).
    Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

It is designed that way. The reason it moves is because there is some kind of membrane mechanism that allows the oil to expand and contract with temperature changes.

peace.

I am surprised to hear that. That certainly isn't the design in the EZM2. If the coin floats because of the membrane, the membrane would be the only thing that lies between the oil (and movement) and thin air.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by psikat View Post
    I am surprised to hear that. That certainly isn't the design in the EZM2. If the coin floats because of the membrane, the membrane would be the only thing that lies between the oil (and movement) and thin air.
    I don't want to scare you, but go back in the WUS Sinn Forum Archives and take a look at what happened to one time happy Sinner "Oyster" when his UX case back opened up. Oil everywhere and he was not happy about it. I have not seen him around these parts for some time.
    -Steve
    -----------------------------------------------
    Watches:
    Rolex Sub-C 116610
    Tag Heuer AquaRacer Chrono CAF1110
    Autos:
    Jaguar XF 2010
    ------------------------------------------------

..... because I sold my UX!
    The oil filling caused too much problems, if I would go for a U model again it would be a U2, or U1000.
    But no more oil U.
    Last edited by oyster; August 21st, 2008 at 00:42.

Yuck, watches aren't supposed to leak oil!
    "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'." (attributed to Mary Anne Radmacher-Hershey)

I have now heard from my AD who has checked with Sinn. The coin situation is indicative of a pressure bubble having built up and the watch needs to be looked at. Super glue just wouldn't do

Cripes!! And there was me on the point of acquiring one, sold on the oil making the face visible from all angles! (OK, so I'm easily pleased...)

Is the general consensus that these are just too much trouble? Are problems common or do we just hear of the unlucky few?

The alternative was a 556 (beautiful simplicity), which would of course have the added attraction of being half the cost...

your hearing about the very rare occurance. I've owned 6 of the hydro series watches including 3 ux. not one failure. your success rate with getting a ux that doesn't leak is 99.9%

Had the UX for a year now... time is deadly accurate and no sign of any leaks has been observed. The watch has been through temperatures ranging from 40 degrees C to - 20 degrees C. Come to think of it, this watch has been on my wrist almost everyday for the past year. :)

Thread Information