Is you Sinn making TOO MUCH NOISE?! Sinn dive watch silencer.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By DylBug
  • 2 Post By bazza.
  • 1 Post By sticky

Thread: Is you Sinn making TOO MUCH NOISE?! Sinn dive watch silencer.

Is you Sinn making TOO MUCH NOISE?! Sinn dive watch silencer.

I began to get annoyed by the little clicking sound made when the dive extension of my EZM3 would tap against the clasp of the watch. So I took a page out of the recurve bow hunting community and decided to add a "silencer" to the watch.

All you need is some loop side of "hook and loop" and something to cut it with (knife, scissors, laser, or whatever).

Get your plain loop (not sticky back or anything) Cut about a 18mm by 25mm rectangle. (Or whatever size your clasp is)
    Name:  sinnsilencer-cut-size.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  513.4 KB

Insert it into clasp loop side out slide it a little under the dive extension pin to hold it in place.
    Name:  sinnsilencer-install.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  291.2 KB

Name:  closed.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  575.2 KB
    Done! Works a charm.

This being the only Sinn I have I am guessing it should at least work with other Sinn dive extension if not other watches that have similar style extension. Probably best to measure your clasp pocket.

Also, hopefully it being synthetic material will help keep moisture from sticking around, but keep an eye on it to prevent any rust or grossness from building up behind it.
    OedipusFlex likes this.

Re: Is you Sinn making TOO MUCH NOISE?! Sinn dive watch silencer.

Good idea!

Gorilla-Tape does the job, too.

Good idea but I've 5 Sinn's and never had this problem myself sir
    Rolex Kermit, DRSD, SD4k ,Milgauss GV ,Red Sub ,OP 39 Red ,Batman ,Panerai 177 ,Seiko Tuna 007 ,Baby Monster, SQ100 ,Breitling Colt 41 ,Casio G-Shock 5610
    Zenith 1931 Pocket Watch , Laco ​Aachen Taupe , Memmingen , Corum Jumping Hours LE 001/300 , Sinn EZM1LE , EZM2-GSG9 , U2s , EZM13 , UX-GSG9 ,556-55Le

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    Good idea but I've 5 Sinn's and never had this problem myself sir
    Thats true, only very few SINN make that noise.
    I do have only one SINN that makes that kind of noise, a vintage EZM-1 with a worn and already very stretchy bracelett.....

Btw: it took me very long to locate the noise, I first thought it is watch itself.... the noise can be heard only sometimes and only if the watch is shaken.

Quote Originally Posted by UOhrli View Post
    Thats true, only very few SINN make that noise.
    I do have only one SINN that makes that kind of noise, a vintage EZM-1 with a worn and already very stretchy bracelett.....

Btw: it took me very long to locate the noise, I first thought it is watch itself.... the noise can be heard only sometimes and only if the watch is shaken.
    I'm lucky my EZM 1 was ok but I did found the endlinks to be really noisy especially when I was driving
    So I decided to made a set of custom ones from some other ones I'd got from Sinn and they work much better

UOhrli and DylBug like this.
    Rolex Kermit, DRSD, SD4k ,Milgauss GV ,Red Sub ,OP 39 Red ,Batman ,Panerai 177 ,Seiko Tuna 007 ,Baby Monster, SQ100 ,Breitling Colt 41 ,Casio G-Shock 5610
    Zenith 1931 Pocket Watch , Laco ​Aachen Taupe , Memmingen , Corum Jumping Hours LE 001/300 , Sinn EZM1LE , EZM2-GSG9 , U2s , EZM13 , UX-GSG9 ,556-55Le

It would only make the sound occasionally when my wrist was on the smaller side of the day and the extension had more room to move. Just the occasional *click* but i wanted it as quiet as i could get it.

Never had a problem myself but saying that I am a little strap heavy on my Sinns. If I do encounter bracelet problems I’ll give your idea a whirl.
    DylBug likes this.

Thread Information