Fair Asking Price for 2000 Series Chronograph Quartz With SS & Leather Band, Boxes and Paperwork ??

Thread: Fair Asking Price for 2000 Series Chronograph Quartz With SS & Leather Band, Boxes and Paperwork ??

Fair Asking Price for 2000 Series Chronograph Quartz With SS & Leather Band, Boxes and Paperwork ??

Hi. I recently bought an used Tag Heuer 2000 automatic, blue dial (watch on the right below) to add to my collection.

Name:  IMG_4924.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  174.1 KB

Since it looks so similar to my 2000 series quartz on the left, which have from new, was considering permanently using the quartz with an original Tag Heuer leather brown band I also have for it (but used very little) so the 2 watches look different:

Name:  IMG_4968.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  158.3 KB

However, I'm considering selling the quartz to fund another watch purchase. How much do you think is worth the Quartz with both bands (ss and leather)? I have the boxes, paperwork and international warranty card as shown.

Name:  IMG_4984.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  129.7 KB

Regards,

Francisco
    Last edited by fskywalker; August 7th, 2014 at 14:40.

Re: Fair Asking Price for 2000 Series Chronograph Quartz With SS & Leather Band, Boxes and Paperwork

As usual, no evaluations done here.

Re: Fair Asking Price for 2000 Series Chronograph Quartz With SS & Leather Band, Boxes and Paperwork

Any thoughts about keeping both?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Do you have the model number of that automatic

i can't recall seeing one with the sub dials so far apart "?

I've found it now - check easy out for completed listings

Quote Originally Posted by Richerson View Post
    Do you have the model number of that automatic

i can't recall seeing one with the sub dials so far apart "?
    Yes, CK2111.BA0330

Below is the Tag Heuer catalog from year 2000-2001 which shows it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by fskywalker; August 7th, 2014 at 21:12.

Being completely honest, I think I prefer the quartz. The subdial spacing seems more natural, whereas on the automatic they seem quite close to the edge. Do you have a bent springbar on the automatic? Looks to be a gap between the bracelet end link and the watch.

Hi, yes that is correct, have to replace them. Thanks for your honest feedback; I do like them both, but your comment on the chronometers location makes a lot of sense, wonder why they located the dials in such a different configuration. The photo below from the catalog shows both models side by side:

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 164
Size:  110.3 KB

Regards,

Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
    Hi, yes that is correct, have to replace them. Thanks for your honest feedback; I do like them both, but your comment on the chronometers location makes a lot of sense, wonder why they located the dials in such a different configuration. The photo below from the catalog shows both models side by side:

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 164
Size:  110.3 KB

Regards,

Francisco
    The maker of the movement decides how the subdials will be laid out so encasers have no choice in the matter. ETA quartz chronos have more variety and were designed later than the vintage Valjoux 7750. So they 'learned the lesson'... personally I prefer quartz layouts.

This model movement also comes in a thermocompensated version which attains 10 seconds per year accuracy. I have several. They are wonderful. But TAGHeuer has never encased them. That's our loss.... oh well.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information