Help Identifying this Watch. Is this Associated With Heuer & Rose WAtch co.?

Thread: Help Identifying this Watch. Is this Associated With Heuer & Rose WAtch co.?

Help Identifying this Watch. Is this Associated With Heuer & Rose WAtch co.?

I recently got this watch marked Rose Watch Co Swiss on movement. Also It reads Three AD'S. The case was made by Wadsworth and was warranted by 35 years #6382864. Could anybody help me date this watch and tell me if its associated in any way with the Heuer brand. I've heard about a Heuer and Rose Watch co. but i dont know if this was part of it. Thank you so much in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by chronolives; December 1st, 2011 at 21:18.

Re: Help Identifying this Watch. Is this Associated With Heuer & Rose WAtch co.?

The lack of shock protection dates the watch as prior to the end of WWII. The dial and case indicate the late 1920s or 30s.

Rose Watch Co was primarily a dress watch maker and was acquired by Ed. Heuer & Co. who then stopped using the brand name.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Re: Help Identifying this Watch. Is this Associated With Heuer & Rose WAtch co.?

Hey thanks for the info! At least I know its legit. But do you think the $200 that I paid for was reasonable?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chronolives View Post
    Hey thanks for the info! At least I know its legit. But do you think the $200 that I paid for was reasonable?
    It might be worth that to fill in "the complete Heuer watch history" collection. They are not common.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information