LE Monaco 40th Anniversary Straps (not watch)
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mspeedster

Thread: LE Monaco 40th Anniversary Straps (not watch)

LE Monaco 40th Anniversary Straps (not watch)

I recently discovered that as part of the Monaco's 40th anniversay, TAG Heuer released five special limited edition straps.

There are some places that sell all 5 as one set kit, such as Authentic Watches: EB0030 TAG Heuer Monaco Strap Kit with Screwdriver

However, at some TH Boutique stores you can buy them individually. I just bought a 40th Anniversery LE black/orange stitch alligator strap to go with my Gulf LE Monaco. While it may look like the Black Monaco Gulf's strap, it differs in that it has an orange backing. The orange backing runs up the side of the band, providing a thin orange stripe next to the orange stitching.

I love the look of this strap with my meteor grey faced Monaco Gulf.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cowboy Bebop likes this.

Re: LE Monaco 40th Anniversary Straps (not watch)

I like it.
    Looks great on your Monaco and would be a nice back-up for my black Gulf Monaco.
    Is it rude to ask what sort of money something like that goes for?

Quote Originally Posted by AussieAlex View Post
    I like it.
    Looks great on your Monaco and would be a nice back-up for my black Gulf Monaco.
    Is it rude to ask what sort of money something like that goes for?
    Thanks. I think it would look just as good on your black Gulf as well. There's also another LE strap that seems tailor made for the Gulf black or grey, it has a thick orange stripe running through it. For those who are bold and daring, it could be a cool strap. But it was a bit too flashy for my wrist. There's also a black calfskin with red stitching that I thought would be nice for my Vintage Grey LE Cal 11 Monaco. But one strap was enough, they are pricey.

I bought my strap from the TAG Heuer Boutique store in in Ginza Tokyo during a recent visit. Ginza is the high end shopping district of Tokyo, so it's not the place for bargain shopping. The 40th Anniversary Straps retail for 45,000 Yen (before taxes). I have no idea if most other TH Boutiques carry them or not, but I imagine the retail price would be normalized for the given country.

Last edited by Mspeedster; February 5th, 2012 at 19:41.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This has got me planning a trip to the Boutique in West London. My newly aquired Grey Gulf cost me less than I was expecting so I was planning to look for a rally style strap along the lines of the 40th anniversary model, partly to keep my grey crocodile strap in top condition but I also like the style, but having seen these I am seriously tempted by the one with the orange stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckerman View Post
    This has got me planning a trip to the Boutique in West London. My newly aquired Grey Gulf cost me less than I was expecting so I was planning to look for a rally style strap along the lines of the 40th anniversary model, partly to keep my grey crocodile strap in top condition but I also like the style, but having seen these I am seriously tempted by the one with the orange stripe.
    I was very tempted to get the strap with the orange stripe myself. But as I didn't have my Monaco Gulf with me, I wasn't quite sure if the look would be too bold for me.

Now that you have me thinking about it again, I did a quick and dirty photoshop to give a rough idea of what it would look like. I think the orange striped strap is cool and makes an avant garde statement. What do others think?

Definitely dresses down the watch more.
    Can't remember but isn't the strap/lug 22mm? with that much real estate, that stripe wouldn't be too over powering.
    I do like the look with just having the orange stitching and orange side/seal though.

I think a 300SLR style strap would look stunning with the Monaco but then I do have a thing for the rally/motorsport perforated strap.

Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    DM's Ghetto Watch Polishing Guide

Holy 'thread-bump' Batman!

Has anyone else ever bought of any these straps and can post photos? I'm particularly interested in the one with the orange stripe.

TIA.
    Current wish list:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Geophysic True Second | TAG Heuer Monaco Gulf (CW211A) | IWC Spitfire IW3878
    | Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso| Glashutte Original Senator Cosmopolite
    ---------------------------
    Grails:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Duometre Spherotourbillion Moon | Jaeger LeCoultre Amvox 3 Tourbillion GMT | A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 Moon Phase

Thread Information