Question about date mechanism...

Thread: Question about date mechanism...

Question about date mechanism...

For all those with ETA 2824-2 movements (Caliber 5 I think), when does the date start and finish changing? Mine begins to change around 11:45 (approx) and continues until 12:35 exactly. The thing is, there is almost no movement of the date for the majority of that time. Just enough that I can tell the date in changing. Then at 12:35 it suddenly clicks (audibly) into place. Now I know one should not change the date anywhere around midnight because the date mechanism in engaged, and to do so has the potential to damage it. I do however frequently manually wind my watch around midnight (if it hasn't been worn that day). Is it okay to do so, or have I done something to affect the mechanism? I was under the impression that the only thing you don't want to do is change the date, but that you can adjust the time or manually wind if need be. Please correct me if I am wrong. Also, just out of interest to other OCD watch owners, feel free to share exactly when your watch begins and ends its date changing process.

Re: Question about date mechanism...

I actually noticed last night that my CAF1111 (AR Quartz Crhono) had already started to Date change around 10:30 or 11:00 last night. However, my WAB2011 (AR Auto) had not started to change. Going to check tonight to see when exactly they change over.

Thread Information