TAG Heuer Aquaracer question about movement
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: TAG Heuer Aquaracer question about movement

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TAG Heuer Aquaracer question about movement

I am new to TAG Heuer. I am looking at the Aquaracer for my wife, https://www.tagheuer.com/en-us/watch...wbd131a-ft6170. I see that this is a quartz movement. What can you tell me about this quartz movement? I feel like I don't want to spend roughly $1500 for a quartz movement. Can you recommend any similar looking watches that are not quartz? Thanks for any insight.

Re: TAG Heuer Aquaracer question about movement

Quote Originally Posted by mule View Post
    I am new to TAG Heuer. I am looking at the Aquaracer for my wife, https://www.tagheuer.com/en-us/watch...wbd131a-ft6170. I see that this is a quartz movement. What can you tell me about this quartz movement? I feel like I don't want to spend roughly $1500 for a quartz movement. Can you recommend any similar looking watches that are not quartz? Thanks for any insight.
    You’re paying for the MOP dial.

But I agree, I wouldn’t want to spend $1500 on that watch either.

It’s a $700 watch on the secondary market.

Sorry no other recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mule and JCB43 like this.

I’d likely recommend getting your wife a quartz. Non watch people don’t care about automatic watches and if she doesn’t wear it all the time, she’ll get annoyed that it stopped working.
    If you’re still interested in autos, maybe try the alpina comtesse line or something from Longines.

notional likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Deep Blue Lady's watch, $150 with coupon code: 40offName:  ladies-lizzy-blue-diver-ceramic-black-white-bezel-white-mother-of-pearl-dial-15.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  24.8 KB

I mean, $1500 is list price. No one pays list price...
    JCB43 likes this.

Thanks for everyone's responses. My next question is for another forum, as I am looking for automatic watches. My wife has 5-6 watches and most of them have dead batteries, so I am looking for recommendations for automatics. I came to this forum to understand if this $1500 list price TAG Aquaracer was something special that I was not understanding due to it having a quartz movement with an automatic movement price tag. My question has been answered. Thank you.

Thanks for everyone's responses. My next question is for another forum, as I am looking for automatic watches. My wife has 5-6 watches and most of them have dead batteries, so I am looking for recommendations for automatics. I came to this forum to understand if this $1500 list price TAG Aquaracer was something special that I was not understanding due to it having a quartz movement with an automatic movement price tag. My question has been answered. Thank you.
    It doesn't have automatic movement price tag. It has Tag Heuer price tag lol
    JCB43 and Corwyn_bv like this.

Getting your wife a quartz would be a great idea. I have to wind and set my wife's daydate and datejusts everytime she wants to wear it. While I like doing it, but when we are in a rush, it tends to get annoying LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NTJW View Post
    Getting your wife a quartz would be a great idea. I have to wind and set my wife's daydate and datejusts everytime she wants to wear it. While I like doing it, but when we are in a rush, it tends to get annoying LOL
    Why haven't you gotten heard a watch winder yet? Seems kind of a no brainier.

Yes of course, but I tend to keep our watches in a small safe. And it doesnt fit winders, nor does it have plugs inside.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information