Tag Heuer Monaco- Pro's v. Con's
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Tag Heuer Monaco- Pro's v. Con's

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Hello WUS and Tag Heuer Fans,

I have been in love with the Tag Heuer Monaco as a kid. I love its innovative feats, its racing heritage and history with Steve McQueen. I am now in a position to afford one (if I sell two of my watches- a Tiffany's Mark T-57 Chrono and Nomos Tangente 139).

Despite loving watches and anything mechanical I don't want to collect watches. Rather, I want to have a few or several watches that I really use and enjoy. So, I am thinking about reducing my watch selection to a Tag Heuer Monaco Calibre 11 and a G-shock.

I would love to gain insight and feedback from current/ past Monaco owners about wearing the Monaco daily in all types of dress (causal, business, suit and tie).

Do you have any other Monaco Pro's/ Con's that you would add after ownership?

Thank you so much.
    Last edited by Tennieman; October 22nd, 2019 at 00:09. Reason: Add tags

Re: Tag Heuer Monaco- Pro's v. Con's

I donít own a Monaco but thought about purchasing one long and hard. Beautiful watch and you should get what you feel fits your needs best.

Will a G-shock and the Monaco meet all your watch wearing needs? I also have a Tangente 139 and it fits my needs better for business casual at work. I love itís simplicity and you can dress it up or down with different straps.

All I can say is if you get it, enjoy it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you for the reply TgeekB.

I really appreciate your feedback as a fellow Tangente 139 owner. I really do enjoy the Tangente for its simplicity. As you stated, it is a perfect watch for getting under the cuff. However, my professional life doesn't require a suit so I find myself moving away from dress shirts and suits.

I am on a mission to find one special piece that I can enjoy everyday but I do have concerns selling the Tangente and regretting it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love my Monaco. Itís beautifully made and stunning to look at, but probably wouldnít be my choice for a daily wearer. But thatís just my opinion of course. I like a bracelet for a daily wearer because it works well in any type of weather, hot or cold. There is a bracelet available for the Monaco but I havenít tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JonS1967; October 22nd, 2019 at 07:07.
    laza80, Tennieman and umarrajs like this.

Its a really solid watch. Very fun to wear. More casual minded, but i believe it looks good on a suit as well since its still quite blingy and fancy. The design never gets old, especially the steve mcqueen's model (cal 11)
    Orient Star WZ0291DK JDM
    Omega Seamaster Professional Diver 300M 210.30.42.20.01.001
    Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moonwatch" 311.30.42.30.01.006

Its a great watch, but I personally got tired and bored of the square shape, I cant really say why..

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JonS1967 View Post
    I love my Monaco. It’s beautifully made and stunning to look at, but probably wouldn’t be my choice for a daily wearer. But that’s just my opinion of course. I like a bracelet for a daily wearer because it works well in any type of weather, hot or cold. There is a bracelet available for the Monaco but I haven’t tried it.

I can not stop looking at your watch! Gosh, I just love it. Please enjoy it! For some reason I have never liked how bracelets look on my wrist. But I also have never tried that many bracelets on my wrist.

I think I enjoy the Monaco so much because of its history and its some what quirkiness of being square. I personally dress very simply- jeans and a tucked in shirt and I think the Monaco would really add to the outfit without being too flashy. Thank you for all of the feedback.
    JonS1967 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NTJW View Post
    Its a great watch, but I personally got tired and bored of the square shape, I cant really say why..

Did you find that the watch was just too big and cumbersome? That is my only concern with purchasing a Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennieman View Post
    I can not stop looking at your watch! Gosh, I just love it. Please enjoy it! For some reason I have never liked how bracelets look on my wrist. But I also have never tried that many bracelets on my wrist.

I think I enjoy the Monaco so much because of its history and its some what quirkiness of being square. I personally dress very simply- jeans and a tucked in shirt and I think the Monaco would really add to the outfit without being too flashy. Thank you for all of the feedback.
    I canít take my eyes off it either. I stare at it constantly when Iím wearing it. The blue dial is gorgeous... mesmerizing. My advice is to try one on and see what you think about it on your wrist. Itís bigger and thicker than you might suspect. I think youíll know if itís right for you after trying it on.

Good luck! Please keep us posted. A few more pictures for your enjoyment

umarrajs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennieman View Post
    Did you find that the watch was just too big and cumbersome? That is my only concern with purchasing a Monaco.
    Not at all, nothing about the size is a problem, except it may be a tad thick on the chrono versions. Just the shape doesnt grow on me.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information