Is there a market for these TAG anymore?
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Is there a market for these TAG anymore?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    TSC

After over a decade of being used to wearing 42mm watches, these are just not used anymore due to being small in comparison.
    They're not doing anything apart from sitting in a draw. Does anyone still wear these watches now, or is it all bigger dial and non quartz? I very much doubt there are any extra links still around, as I bought most of the F1s early 1990s and I wouldn't have a clue where the spare links are now.

I just wondered what the TAG faithfuls think, and if it's worth trying to sell them or are they just not worth much at all. Thanks for any input

MrZeke likes this.

Re: Is there a market for these TAG anymore?

Yes, thereís a market for them, especially if they still run and are in good condition.

The 2000 (I think?) is a predecessor to the Aquaracer and are starting to attract some interest. (Although not as much as the earlier 1000 which have had a recent burst of interest).

Not big bucks, and you are unlikely to recover what you originally paid, but not peanuts either.

The F1ís arenít worth that much, but the movements, dials and handsets were common across other models in the range and can be useful as parts watches.

Plastic bezels, bands and cases degraded easily, so they are getting hard to find in good condition, so those will command a little more, but itís still a small market as these were very much a product of the 80ís and the style is pretty divisive.
    (They were polarising even back then!).

Just keep them and enjoy the memories...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar_917 View Post
    ^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
    So many watches, So little time...
    TSC likes this.
    So many watches, so little time...

your best bet is obviously to check completed listings on ebay and you will get an idea of what they go for, you'd be surprised what people will buy, they may sell if priced rite
    TSC likes this.
    instagram: Tarek_307

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

TSC

Thank you both for your replies. Needless to say, none are still ticking, but am sure new battery will be all that's needed.
    I may even have some of the old boxes lying around somewhere or other.

Over the years, I've only ever seen variations of this one. I've never seen this anywhere else since I bought it.
    If I see something like it, it's either never the coloured logo or dark dial. Was this not as popular or just rarer.
    There was always something different to the ones I saw, whether it was dial/logo or hands. Never the same. I did see a darker granitey dial version of something like it though.
    [/url]

@TSC - the classic 2000 was very popular during the early to mid 1990's. I have the same model as you (should be a "WE" series), and this model is definitely more rare than the 1995 "WK series" which I see quite a lot. The WK series has an updated dial with a number "12" replacing the diamond marker, and a 6-point angular bezel replacing the round bezel. The bracelet was also updated, with a "submariner" clasp. I personally prefer the original President's (I think that's the style) bracelet seen on the WE series.

Your 2000 is in fantastic condition! Is it the full size version? If it is, then it should be a WE111X (X=dial colour).

The classic 2000 is one of my favorites. I prefer the smaller size (37 mm) and love the look of the all stainless steel case and bezel with the blasted finish. Thanks for sharing.

Btw - those F1's are cool too!!!
    TSC likes this.
    Omega 2531.80.00 Seamaster Professional 300m
    Seiko SKX013 Diver
    TAG Heuer WE1110 2000 Professional 200m
    TAG Heuer CAZ1110 Formula 1 Chronograph
    Timex Expedition Scout

Nope, keep them in the drawer for a few more years unless you are desperate to give them away at very low prices.
    TSC likes this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

TSC

Thank you for your info gents. Now you mention it being changed to the number Ď12í itís all coming back to me. That was usually the alt version I saw, youíre right. The dark granite version of this one if I remember at the time there was another version that came with the rubber strap as an extra and the changing tool. That was around the time I bought that one.

I am pretty sure itís not full size. I think if it was Iíd still wear it but after all these years of the Omega 42s itís just too small on the wrist now. It must be 37 as you say. In fairness I could do with some money at the mo, but if theyíre not going to reach what theyíre probably worth at the moment, especially in the (donít know if weíre coming or going) Brex** UK at present, then maybe I will keep for a bit longer, but what I will do is get some batteries in these first to see theyíre still alive. None of them have taken a pounding and Iím not even sure if any have ever seen water either.

Thank you again people. Just what I wanted to know.

Here is a size comparison with a 42 so you can see why it just feels too small now. Looking at the pic it doesn't really show just how much smaller that is, but one thing is for sure, the TAG is a great looking watch, still.

@TSC - What is the model number on the caseback of that 2000? It will either be two letters followed by 4 numbers (e.g. WE1111) or two sets of three digit numbers separated by a dot. For example, mine is a WE1110 / 962.006. Yours looks like either a WE 1111 (full size) or WE1211 (mid size). Back in the 80's up to the early 90's, TAG Heuer used to use model numbers with the latter convention (e.g. XXX.XXX), then switched to the model code (AB1234) that is still used today.

I believe you can find your TAG Heuer 2000 model in the following catalogue (scroll down to page 68/69):

https://www.calibre11.com/catalogues...#1992-1993-063

Also, the full size TAG Heuer 2000 was only 37 mm. The mid size is 35 mm (I believe). So yes, they made them much smaller back then. My wrist size is 6.75 inches, and I can wear this size no problem. But I know what you mean. My daily wear is an Omega SMP that is 41 mm, and I also have a 42 mm F1 Chronograph.

My 2000 say's "hi" to yours!

Name:  IMG_5705.JPG
Views: 29
Size:  1.51 MB
    TSC likes this.
    Seiko SKX013 Diver
    Timex Expedition Scout

TSC

Thanks. Iíll check that out when am back home later. Deffo not a full size. I had the mid size blue Bond Seamaster in the 90s because I was used to wearing that size Tag but I think the 2000 is a tad smaller. The edges on your bezel are a lot more defined arenít they, straighter.

Yes, just remembering my comment to you years ago when I saw your forum name for the first time on Omega? Still a standout name, and Iím still clueless as to the meaning. If itís a band or a prog Iím well out of touch.

Good find. This must be it. Although colour is off on the pic.

These were SO popular back in the day. Used to see them on a lot of people.

Last edited by TSC; 3 Days Ago at 21:58.
    MorbidSalmon00 likes this.

@TSC - Good observation on my 2000 bezel. I had the bezel replaced by TAG Heuer Customer Service a few years back, and they replaced it with the bezel from the WK series (I guess they ran out of WE bezels?). I sort of like the newer bezel - gives the watch a bit more "modern" feel. But I would have preferred the original bezel to keep the watch "original".

Yeah, if your 2000 is smaller than the mid size Omega SMP, then it's got to be the midsize. Anyway, I'd be curious as to what's on indicated on your caseback.

My "handle" was originally (at random) suggested to me years ago when I was signing up for an X-box account. Considering that I am an avid sports fisherman (primarily salmon and trout), I thought the name was appropriate - although I do a fair amount of catch and release. So when I signed up to this forum, I couldn't think of a name so used my X-box handle. So - no, you're not out of touch! LOL.
    TSC likes this.
    Seiko SKX013 Diver
    Timex Expedition Scout

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information