What's a fair price to pay for a used CJF2115.BA0594 Link Automatic Chronograph?

Thread: What's a fair price to pay for a used CJF2115.BA0594 Link Automatic Chronograph?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What's a fair price to pay for a used CJF2115.BA0594 Link Automatic Chronograph?

Hello all,
    I'm hoping someone can tell me what a fair price would be for a CJF2115.BA0594 Link Automatic Chronograph Grey Dial with the older stainless steel caseback and bracelet without the push buttons on the sides.

The one I'm considering doesn't come with spare links (fits me, though), papers, or box. However, if it's not authentic I can return it. It's in very decent condition, and the crystal isn't scratched. The tachymeter bezel has some light scratches that I'll Cape Cod away. It does show some use, but it looks like daily normal use with no signs of abuse. The back does have some marks from it being rested on the bracelet, but they're not bad.

The movement sounds smooth, and the chrono works perfectly as far as I can see. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to share.

Any advice would be very appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

AJ

$5

Or whatever it's worth to you

Check out a terapeak trial if eBay doesn't have completed listings for this model

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Also is it from a dealer? Private sale?

Re: What's a fair price to pay for a used CJF2115.BA0594 Link Automatic Chronograph?

In used condition, I'd say $1500-1600

Re: What's a fair price to pay for a used CJF2115.BA0594 Link Automatic Chronograph?

depends if there are people wanting this one or not, if you're lucky you could possibly get 1500-1600 as mentioned in the post above, but if you really want to sell I would be prepared for a price as low as 1200 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedjohnny View Post
    depends if there are people wanting this one or not, if you're lucky you could possibly get 1500-1600 as mentioned in the post above, but if you really want to sell I would be prepared for a price as low as 1200 or so.
    As an avid watch buyer/seller, I would classify $1200 as a "bargain" and definitely the buyer gets the better deal. eBay sees this watch at $2K grey market. Since the one you are looking at doesn't have spare links, box or papers, offer him $1200 and see where it goes. I will always pay more for a watch with all the accessories, boxes etc. This is a modern Link with the smoother link bracelet, looks up to date, automatic, nice dial colour, if I saw it for $1200 I'd be very tempted to snap it up. At $1500-1600, I'd have to think about it, which feels more like a "fair" deal to me, equally equitable for buyer and seller. Make sure you check to see if the chrono sweep hand is smooth or jerky. Some 7750 movements will have an erratic jerky chrono sweep, while others are smooth and consistent.

I agree with the $1200 offer.
    Realistically, you should expect to pay around $1400 for an used model (in the condition you described), since I believe this model did sell in the grays for around $2800.
    Modern ETA TAGs are pretty hard to move, so $1200 is reasonable. Good luck!

Thank you all for the helpful information, I really appreciate it. Being new to TAG and to the more expensive brands, I had no idea what kind of depreciation these watches suffer. Thus, your input and advice is invaluable and very appreciated.

It seems like the seller is being fair in his pricing, and now I just have to make the final buying decision.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJnK View Post
    As an avid watch buyer/seller, I would classify $1200 as a "bargain" and definitely the buyer gets the better deal. eBay sees this watch at $2K grey market. Since the one you are looking at doesn't have spare links, box or papers, offer him $1200 and see where it goes. I will always pay more for a watch with all the accessories, boxes etc. This is a modern Link with the smoother link bracelet, looks up to date, automatic, nice dial colour, if I saw it for $1200 I'd be very tempted to snap it up. At $1500-1600, I'd have to think about it, which feels more like a "fair" deal to me, equally equitable for buyer and seller. Make sure you check to see if the chrono sweep hand is smooth or jerky. Some 7750 movements will have an erratic jerky chrono sweep, while others are smooth and consistent.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to write that detailed reply. Also, many thanks for the advice on the jerky chrono sweep - if it's jerky, does that mean the movement is in need of servicing, or is it just one of those quirks that really doesn't do any harm? Either way is fine for me, but if it's an indicator of coming doom, then I may have to reconsider...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information