My first Fortis arrived today

Thread: My first Fortis arrived today

My first Fortis arrived today

Hi all

My first Fortis arrived today.. In fact it is the first one I have seen in real life..and I am impressed with the quality of the watch.

I will take some pictures in daylight tomorrow...
    Here is one from the seller – see below

Can anyone tell me why the pushers are screw down, is this for water or just so that the chronograph cannot be accidentally stopped.

Can you swim with the pushers not screwed down and can they be operated under water?

Best regards

Mark

Re: My first Fortis arrived today

Quote Originally Posted by MarkEg View Post
    Hi all

My first Fortis arrived today.. In fact it is the first one I have seen in real life..and I am impressed with the quality of the watch.

I will take some pictures in daylight tomorrow...
    Here is one from the seller – see below

Can anyone tell me why the pushers are screw down, is this for water or just so that the chronograph cannot be accidentally stopped.

Can you swim with the pushers not screwed down and can they be operated under water?

Best regards

Mark

I'm sure that others more knowledgeable than me will chime in, but I understand that most chronos with higher wr ratings are not meant to function under water (I mean the chrono functions, not the watch itself!), and that the crowns need to be screwed down on the chrono pushers in order to maintain water resistance....
    "Strength equals health; one cannot be healthy without being strong."-Eugene Sandow

Quote Originally Posted by tallguy View Post
    I'm sure that others more knowledgeable than me will chime in, but I understand that most chronos with higher wr ratings are not meant to function under water (I mean the chrono functions, not the watch itself!), and that the crowns need to be screwed down on the chrono pushers in order to maintain water resistance....
    Hi thanks for the info.. I have looked on the Fortis site and cannot see any mention of when to screw the pushers in. The manual will be arriving later this week maybe that will say...

However the Omega Seamaster chrono pushers do not screw down and can be operated under water..to 300m!

Here are some pics

Cheers
    Mark

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice looking watch and pics. Congrats on the new watch. Very few things monopolize your attention than checking out a new watch on the wrist every 2 minutes :)
    Kobold Phantom Semi Tactical
    Kobold Seal
    Kobold Spirit of America
    Swiss Army Nightvision (FS)
    Tag Heuer Aqua sport 2000

Thread Information