Ball Calibers

Thread: Ball Calibers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ball Calibers

In an earlier thread it was discussed by Jeremy that many Balls now bear Ball Caliber Movements.

Is it possible to list them, and identify the modifications made that make the Ball Calibers.

Tia, and looking forward to learning more.
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

Re: Ball Calibers

Totally agree with you mr scotty unless it is their trade secret.;->

Check the website

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The website doesn't provide the info on what for instance is done to make the 2824 a Ball 124 in the NT, etc. Jeremy had commented on how Ball is moving to mostly Ball calibers and rarely uses the 2824 and 2836. When I looked at the site, and the Wrsitwatch annual, I found the info a little confusing and contradictory, and was hoping Jeremy might be able to shed some light on the details.
    kind regards,

scott

Question Re: Ball Calibers

Does Ball modify the Val 7750 used in the Hydrocarbon Chrono in any way or just throw a stock 7750 movement in there? Has anyone on the list seen inside? Does the counterweight have BALL engraved on it?

I see what you mean Scott, but I doubt Ball will tell us anymore than 'based on ETA movement#' I see Tag and Breitling just to name a few only say that their movement is 'based on' I'd be surprised if Ball, or anyone else for that matter would tel us exactly they've done to a movement. Even the 7750 is modified as soon as Ball signs their name on it. Even though there's probably a little more they do than just that. Maybe I'm wrong here but there are probably some questions that we shouldn't expect to be answered completely by Ball.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog View Post
    I see what you mean Scott, but I doubt Ball will tell us anymore than 'based on ETA movement#' I see Tag and Breitling just to name a few only say that their movement is 'based on' I'd be surprised if Ball, or anyone else for that matter would tel us exactly they've done to a movement. Even the 7750 is modified as soon as Ball signs their name on it. Even though there's probably a little more they do than just that. Maybe I'm wrong here but there are probably some questions that we shouldn't expect to be answered completely by Ball.
    Tim

Evening out cancelled, Mrs. has work to do, so I am here reading posts, doing my favorite thing, reading about watches. Should serve myself a cold one

Thanx Tim...I am so eager to learn that I have to realize that not all questions get answered.

I learned from Anonimo that their mods are done by ETA...ditto for the GMT 92, which is ETA's power reserve of the 2892.

I suppose it is the same for Ball, until the day when ETA says no more. It will be great to see Ball's response, as I understand their plan is to be completely vertical in the long run. It will interesting to see the movement designs.

Regardless of who does the mods, both my NT and Moonie are modded, and I love it. I have heard that the Moonie is a Soprod Module, ditto for the Cannonball, so I will correct myself and say the mods are probably done in a number of houses.

Thanx again...
    kind regards,

scott

I wonder if BALL is going to release another watch that is "in-house" modifiy(just like cannonball) this year on Baselworld2008. Anyone has the latest BALL newsletter to share (the forum one seem to ...stop at sept07?!).

9018: The TMT movement, base ETA 2892, -40° temperature endurance + mechanical thermometer that ranges from -35 to 45°C

9035: GMT Power Reserve used on the Trainmaster & Conductor series(sold out), 48 hours power reserve

651: Dual Time and Big Date, used on the Trainmaster series.

968: Central Moon Phase, base ETA 2836, used on the Engineer Master series

250: Single-button Chronograph, base ETA 7750, used on the Trainmaster series

350: Single-button Chronograph + Linear Triple Date, base ETA 7750, used on the Trainmaster series

351: Chronograph + Linear Triple Date, base ETA 7750, used on the Trainmaster series

197: Linear Power Reserve, base ETA 2897, used on the Trainmaster series

124: The Night Train movement, UMT + Date warning system, base ETA 2824, used on the Fireman series

293: UMT, dual 12 hour hands + Date warning system, base ETA 2893, used on the Trainmaster series

2050: The Cannonball Movement, 45-minute chronograph with 2 subdials and date at 12 o'clock, base ETA 2824, used on the Trainmaster series

More updates to come.

Regards,
    Jeremy Hogan
    Ball Watch Company

...needs to update his signature line.
    July 08 Newsletter: New World Record for Guillaume Néry, Diver GMT, Aviator
    Baselworld 2008 Newsletter: Guillaume Néry, Trieste Chronograph, Moonlight Special
    Click to view the BALL Engineer Master II Diver TMT.

Quote Originally Posted by ballwatch View Post
    9018: The TMT movement, base ETA 2892, -40° temperature endurance + mechanical thermometer that ranges from -35 to 45°C

9035: GMT Power Reserve used on the Trainmaster & Conductor series(sold out), 48 hours power reserve

651: Dual Time and Big Date, used on the Trainmaster series.

968: Central Moon Phase, base ETA 2836, used on the Engineer Master series

250: Single-button Chronograph, base ETA 7750, used on the Trainmaster series

350: Single-button Chronograph + Linear Triple Date, base ETA 7750, used on the Trainmaster series

351: Chronograph + Linear Triple Date, base ETA 7750, used on the Trainmaster series

197: Linear Power Reserve, base ETA 2897, used on the Trainmaster series

124: The Night Train movement, UMT + Date warning system, base ETA 2824, used on the Fireman series

293: UMT, dual 12 hour hands + Date warning system, base ETA 2893, used on the Trainmaster series

2050: The Cannonball Movement, 45-minute chronograph with 2 subdials and date at 12 o'clock, base ETA 2824, used on the Trainmaster series

More updates to come.

Regards,
    Jeremy Hogan
    Ball Watch Company
    Thx Jeremy,

Now we are more then just fans of Ball. We are a little more knowledgable fans.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information