The Collective Update April 24, 2013

Thread: The Collective Update April 24, 2013

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

The Collective Update April 24, 2013

This is a living area of collective knowledge from forum members and other sources that has been accumulated over the years. This is a great place to start for new members or someone looking to purchase a Ball watch. This area will be continually updated as more info is gathered.
    Last edited by samanator; April 24th, 2013 at 00:33.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Fireman

Fireman use different spring bars for the strap and the bracelet. Make sure you have the right ones.

Fireman use 21mm straps.

Fireman II have a tube on the second hand on the B&O and CRTS models while the standard does not.
    Last edited by samanator; January 15th, 2011 at 02:21.
    Michael

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Night Train

Ball does not have a DLC bracelet for the Night Train with the black DLC case.

The SS case white dial version of the Night Train has the nickname White Train.

The red triangle under the UMT window on the Night Train when red indicates the date cannot be safely changed at this time. Continue to advance the time until the red goes away. At this time date change can safely be done.

DLC stands for Diamond Like Coating.

The Night Train uses the Ball Caliber 124 which is a ETA 2824-2 modified for the UMT and date warning indicator.

The UMT is a 24 hour indicator to the current set watch time. It can not be adjusted for GMT like functions.
    Last edited by samanator; January 5th, 2011 at 01:46.
    Michael

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Warranties

Ball warranties can be extended for two years to three years by registering the watch online.

Ball warranties only apply to the original owner and do not transfer.

Ball will require the completed warranty card and the original bill of sale for warranty work.
    Michael

Diver Worldtime

The strap on this watch is a 22mm.

Since the lug width is 22mm the bracelet is unique to the Diver World time.

Stitched Rubber strap was made thinner for new units as of Feb. 2011.

Revised spelling is on the country dial also for units released beginning Feb. 2011.

Numerals on dive bezel are back lit windows.
    Last edited by samanator; February 22nd, 2011 at 20:21.
    Michael

Officer

The Ball web site previously stated screw down crown. This was not true the crown is a two position crown that when pushed in seats the crown gasket for water resistance.

The Officer uses a 22mm strap.

Ball currently does not make a bracelet for the Officer.
    Last edited by samanator; January 5th, 2011 at 16:53.
    Michael

Parts

Balls official position is that no parts are available to dealers except straps, bracelets and spring bars.

Ball will not modify your watch for you.
    Michael

Aviator 44mm

Aviator 44mm

Has 21mm lug width

Has T25 lume, unlike most Aviator 46mm models which have T lume. Hour tubes are the same as those used on the Night Train.

The Aviator 44mm (as well as Aviator GMT and 46mm Aviator) have not only GTLS hour-marker tubes but also luminova numerals that may be charged with light.

Bracelet: While the bracelet for the 46mm is 1mm wider than the bracelet for the 44mm Aviator models (regular, GMT, and Dual Time), they are interchangeable. You just need to make sure that you have the right end links (21mm endlinks for 44mm Aviator, and 22mm endlinks for 46mm Aviator). This is useful if you intend to own both a 46mm Aviator and one of the 44mm Aviator models.

Rob

Mike69 Adds: The White (Cream) dialed version of the GMT does not have the luminova numerals.
    Last edited by samanator; January 22nd, 2011 at 13:14. Reason: No such thing as T100

Lume

There are no such thing as T25, T or T100 tubes. Here is the meaning of each of these:

T25 is the license marked on the dial for watches that have less than 25 mCi of Tritium total content

T is the license marked on the dial for watches that contain 25mCi of tritium or greater with the upper limit of 100mci of tritium

T100 was a wrong marking on the dial of some watches. These were actually T licensed watches.

Ball does not publish the total tritium content for any watch other than either the T25 or T marking on the watch.

Since the difference between some a T25 and a T watch can be a couple tubes some T watches are well under the 100mci limit.

Currently Ball US has not published and suggested recommended time period or pricing for tube replacement.

According to a Statement during the release of the EHC Spacemaster X-Lume (Glow) this watch is said to have come the closest to the 100mCi Tritium limit for T licensed watches.

Phosphor is the actual luminous material in the GTLS tube that is excited buy the Tritium gas. In the interview I had with them the engineering team indicated it was continuos as well as in the Oct. 2012 Watch Time article with Ball.

Forum moderator Eric L. Received this response concerning the tubes from mb:
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Dear Mr. Lee,

Regarding your question.
    You are of course correct. Our lights follow the tritium decay. Due to the manufacturing process, we even have some minor chemical decay’s. This means, that a trigalight in watch lamp size has a brightness half life time of about 8-10 years (compared to the 12.3 years half-life of pure tritium).
    We at mb-microtec guarantee a 10 year visibility on our lamps. We however know, that they will be visible much longer.

Best regards,

Daniel

mb-microtec ag
    Mr. D.Jakob
    Head of Marketing and Sales trigalight®
    Freiburgstrasse 634
    3172 Niederwangen
    Switzerland

phone +41 31 980 20 20
    fax. +41 31 980 20 21

www.mbmicrotec.com
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oldest Ball watch known on the WUS forum is a 2001 model (12 years old in 2013) still glowing apparently at original intensity.

The Ball web site (technical area) quotes the 25 year life period, and has one statement indicating constant lume and two sentences later they state the tubes will fade over time.

The luminous material in the EHC Spacemaster series can not be used for older EHC models.
    Last edited by samanator; May 13th, 2013 at 13:50.
    Michael

Straps

The Diver World Time and Fireman Racer use a stitched rubber strap that looks like leather.

In the US the EMII Diver can be ordered with either the rubber strap with the pin buckle or a deployant clasp.

The proper term is "deployant clasp" not "deployment clasp"

The Fireman Racer was released with a thinner version of the stitched rubber strap. Diver WT after Feb. 2011 have a thinner version of the stitched rubber strap.

The Ball EHC Rubber strap will not fit the Magnate GMT with it's thinner case size. There is no Rubber strap available from Ball for this.
    Last edited by samanator; March 9th, 2011 at 18:56.
    Michael

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information