Topper Fine Jewelers Ball-Athon Segment 1 ? Lume Contest
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Topper Fine Jewelers Ball-Athon Segment 1 ? Lume Contest

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Gift Topper Fine Jewelers Ball-Athon Segment 1 – Lume Contest

Topper Fine Jewelers Ball-Athon Segment 1 – Lume Contest

For this segment you have two days to get your submission in. Submissions must be sent via PM to the Forum Moderator (samanator) by 6pm (PST) Monday December 20th. Submit 1-33 with the name of each watch Lume corresponds to that number.

In this segment you must be accurate, be quick, but also you must be Lucky? Do you submit right away, or do fools rush in?

There are 33 watches to identify by their Lume. There are two sets of twins! Now for the twist, 4 watches have seemingly identical lume signatures, and are are made up of 3 different watch models and 3 are from the same state. Naming the mm size and the state is close enough for this one group of 3.

All have been pictured together at the same time so their size with relation to each other has not been altered. The link below the picture is to give you a close up magnification look. Unlike last year, there is no Frankenstein. All watches are photographed with the crown facing up (12 at 9'oclock) and the watches are shot on a series of shelves with the bottom shelf a few inches closer to the camera than the shelf above and that is consistent all the way to the top shelf. One last not number 33 is missing the green dots at the 1 and the 2 position because of the angle. Good Luck!

Ready…Set…GO!

Link to Contest material:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...g?t=1292691132

Rules contained in this thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f239/to...on-476984.html
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Ball-Athon Rules

After taking in all the suggestions here are the rules for the upcoming Ball-athon contest along with a schedule of events:

First of all we have reduced the number of events to four with a potential tie breaker if required.

We will run two events in sequence, take a break for Christmas and then resume to complete the last two before New Years.

Each segment will run for a period of 48 hours
    . It is our hope this is sufficient time to complete these.

Each segment will start at 6pm (PST) on the scheduled date.

One submission per segment
    so double check before sending since there is only one shot.

Points will be awarded for the first five places as follows
    1st – 5 points
    2nd – 4 point
    3rd - 3 points
    4th – 2 points
    5th – 1 point

For each segment the first person with the correct answers (Via PM) gets first, the next with all correct second…and so forth

If no one has all the correct answers (or we have an open place that we do not have a submission with all the correct answers) it will be based on most answers correct and then first submitted.

All places will use these systems criteria.

Segment points will be announced no later than 24 hours after the segment is complete.

Our schedule is as follows:
    We’re off…Segment 1 starts 6pm (PST) on Saturday the 18th – Lume contest…Identify the group of over 30 Ball watches based on their group lume shot. You have 48 hours, but the first with all the right answers wins so it will take nerves of steel and a keen eye to know the watches based on lume and submit this massive grouping of watches. Don’t hit send too early since you have one shot..No do over’s! Remember this begins at 6pm (PST) on Saturday the 18th so be on the Ball.

Without pause to catch your breath we go right into segment 2 which starts at 6pm (PST) on Monday December 20th –This one caters to you Cross word masters. There are 50 questions that will test your Ball knowledge based on Ball history, models, web site, and forum info form here at WUS (plus a few other twists just for fun). You must provide the answers in the across and down as we have them on the question sheet. This ends at 6pm (PST) on the 22nd.

Now we break for a few days to rest your mind and enjoy the holiday.

Segment three starts at 6pm(PST) on Monday December 27th. Word find…We’ve hidden the names of 37 current models is this scramble of letters. You must find them and provide them in the format they are given in the word find (no additions or subtractions) as fast as you can. Again you have one try. This should get your heart rate up.

The last sprint will be a photo challenge to identify elements from several Ball watches which will start at 6pm (PST) on December 29th . In this you will need to correctly identify the watch the element came from. This will finish at 6pm(PST) on New Year’s Eve.

If we have a clear first and second place we will call it here.

In the case of a tie in either first or second we will have a 5th category which will require identifying Ball calibers and/or ETA movements to a Ball watch. This will be announced if needed and will be after the New Year.

Hope you have prepped yourself for this challenging event. Keep your eye on the prize which will be a new Ball Fireman Racer for first place and a winder for second place.

You must be over 18 or over to win.

Enjoy!
    Michael

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Multiple Forum Sponsor - Topper Fine Jewelers

Re: Topper Fine Jewelers Ball-Athon Segment 1 – Lume Contest

Thank you to everyone who gave us suggestions for the contest and we did our best to make this interesting and as fair as we could and incorporate all of the suggestions. Happy Holidays, and good luck everyone! Remember, that you could not place in the first two sections and theoretically still win the contest, so if you want it, give it a try!
    Last edited by robattopper; December 19th, 2010 at 03:12.
    Rob Caplan
    Twitter Robattopper
    Topper Fine Jewelers
    1315 Burlingame Ave
    Burlingame Ca 94010
    [email protected]
    www.topperjewelers.com
    Monday-Saturday 10:5:30
    888-730-2221
    650-347-2221
    Watchuseek Sponsor

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

We have five submissions so far. As a note, please only one watch name per number.
    Last edited by samanator; December 19th, 2010 at 13:12.
    Michael

Just a reminder we have a little less that 3 hours remaining to get your segment one submission in. Segment two Materials will be posted at 6pm (PST) immediately following the close of segment one. Even if you did not do well in Segment one, or did not submit, just remember you are still in the hunt. Segment 2 is the Cross word puzzle.

We hope you are enjoying the contest so far!
    Michael

This segment is now closed for submission. Let's turn the lights on. We will announce the placement for this segment as soon as possible.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    This segment is now closed for submission. Let's turn the lights on. We will announce the placement for this segment as soon as possible.

So here is the placing for segment 1:

1st - fuzzyb - 5 points
    2nd - HilltopMichael - 4 points
    3rd - ReXTless - 3 points
    4th - Boski - 2 points
    5th - Jchem - 1 points
    Michael

Any chance we can get a high res w/ the lights on?!

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    Here are a few notes:

For number 1 we accepted Aviator or Avaitor 46mm only
    We accepted CRTS or the B&O Fireman for number 4.
    For the men Ohio models if you had any men Ohio model listed you got it (Numbers 8, 25 and 33).
    The EHC Magnate GMT COSC and the EMII Diver are the twins
    Only the Trainmaster Cleveland Express was accepted for 14 (Which is the 4th watch that the lume looks like the Ohio models)
    Orangeguy likes this.
    Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information