Topper Fine Jewelers Ball-Athon Segment 2 ? Crossword Puzzle

Thread: Topper Fine Jewelers Ball-Athon Segment 2 ? Crossword Puzzle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Topper Fine Jewelers Ball-Athon Segment 2 – Crossword Puzzle

Topper Fine Jewelers Ball-Athon Segment 2 – Crossword Puzzle

Don’t stop to catch your breath because here are the segment two items. For this segment we have a cross word puzzle. This segment is made up of questions on: Ball models new and old, Ball history, RR history including trains, items found on Ball USA Web site, items on our forum and Toppers Fine Jewelers web site. There are fifty questions that should be submitted in the order they appear across then down on the sheet. You must provide the exact answer that you have to fill in the puzzle (Preferably in caps). In this segment accuracy is important but don’t take too long submitting. Google will be your friend!

If you cannot print the version out from the forum we are providing a link to a PDF version for you to use (Note it is over 14Mb so it will take a little time to load). As in the last segment all submissions should be via PM to samanator so you must be a member to submit. Submissions will be accepted up until 6pm (PST) on Wednesday (December 22nd).

http://dev2.topperjewelers.com/image..._Crossword.pdf

Please see this link for additional rules and scoring system: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f239/to...on-476984.html

With our scoring you do not have to win or place in every segment and you can still win. Segment one placement will be posted tomorrow morning. Don’t let it distract you.

Hopefully you will enjoy this segment.
    Last edited by robattopper; December 21st, 2010 at 04:16.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Re: Topper Fine Jewelers Ball-Athon Segment 2 – Crossword Puzzle

Are we missing some of the clues for down? I don't see anything after 24 down.
    -Brian

Watch Nerd

Yeah I cant find the rest of the down clues either

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyb View Post
    Are we missing some of the clues for down? I don't see anything after 24 down.
    Sorry about that:

Here are the rest of the down clues:

26. This complication is most accurate 30 minutes off the wrist.
    27. Ball's Certification source for the extension of Ball Standard
    29. Layer between the thermo and the exo
    33. 2010 Model with Nery on the case back
    34. Rubber Scent
    37. Buckeye Model
    38. Greenwich Mean Time
    41. Number of X-Lume tubes
    47. The Union Pacific's M-10000 and soon to follow, the Chicago, Burington & Quincy Railroad' Zepher 990 were examples of these
    48. To a minute in 60
    Last edited by samanator; December 21st, 2010 at 13:10.
    Michael

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Clue for 26 down?

Quote Originally Posted by HilltopMichael View Post
    Clue for 26 down?
    Sorry again:

We will not count this one.
    Last edited by samanator; December 21st, 2010 at 13:09.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    Sorry again:

We will not count this one.
    Also note there should be one more box at the top of 17 down. (Has not affected answers)

Please keep the submissions coming
    Michael

Just wanted to note there is still more than 6 hours to get in your submission for this segment. We have received many positive comments on the contest so far and how members are enjoying the challenge. Rob and I appreciate this since these contest take a while to make the materials. Even if you have not submitted in segment one do not let that stop you from submitting here or any other segment. Give it a try and you could win a pretty cool watch. This is a through down for anyone who has not tried so far.
    Michael

This post marks the end of segment 2 of the Topper Fine Jewelers Ball-Athon. We will rest until next Monday (December 27th) at 6pm (PST) which will be the start of segment 3. This is the Ball Model and series Word Find (The great equalizer). I will have scoring for Segment 2 posted as soon as possible. In the mean time here are the answers to the Segment 2 crossword puzzle with a little color added.

1. EIGHTEEN NINETY-ONE – The year of the Lake Shore and Michigan Southern RR collision
    6. BINNIE - The Ball Explorer Rocketman is Brian Binnie who’s signature or image graces the case back of the Spacemaster Model EHC watches
    7. MAGNATE – Besides being a returning Ball model it is also a name for someone in the Hungarian Parliament. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/magnate
    8. CHRONOMETER – Is the name for a COSC certified watch
    13. TRAINMASTER – Ball Used an ETA 2821 in 1978 for this model
    14. CONDUCTOR – Bal'ls Tank style watch not quite as square as the Ball Inspector model as it features a Tonneau style case.
    21. CANNONBALL – Since William Shatner has been seen wearing this Popular Trainmaster Chronograph watch in pictures and on TV, Jeff Hess has called this the Bill Shatner on the forums.
    25. MONTH – The movement used in the Trainmaster Racer adds the Month to the Day and Date on an ETA 7750 movement to create the Cal. 351
    28. KITTYHAWK – This famous Wright brother’s plane is on the case back of the Ball Aviator
    30. MOONLIGHT SPECIAL – Ball will make 999 of this limited edition… And Bruce Willis and Cybil Sheppard where in the show Moonlighting
    31. CLEVELAND – Ohio City where the Webb C. Ball’s shop and Watch Company were located
    32. GLOW – The X-Lume is known as the Glow in other parts of the world and The Trainmaster Power Glow is the "powerful" Trainmaster with a horizontal power reserve meter.
    35. FIREMAN – The ladies version of the Fireman now comes in either the Fireman Gen. 1 or 2 dials.
    36. STORMCHASER – Bill Paxton was in Twister in 1996 and was a Stormchaser which is also a popular Fireman Chronograph
    39. WEEK – The original ball Standard allowed no Greater than a 30 second per week variation
    40. TELEMETER – Can be used to calculate Lightning or mortar fire distance

42. RACER – The Racer is both a current Trainmaster and Fireman Model
    43. LUMINOUS – The Spacemaster bezel is more luminous then the Classic EHC
    44. AMORTISER – Is the Shock protection system patented by Ball for the EHC Spacemaster Orbital
    45. GUILLAUME NERY – The free dive record set by Ball explorer Nery was 113m in 2008
    46. SKYLAB – Fell back to earth in July 1979 NASA gave a 152 to 1 chance of a piece of it hitting a human
    49. EMPIRE STATE EXPRESS – The Number 999 Empire State Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

50. VOYAGER - BALL Watch Trainmaster Voyager GMT - GM1050D-S1AJ-BK: Swiss Made, American Owned

Down:
    2. TRANSCENDENT – This Ladies Conductor model name means exceeding usual limits
    3. FIVE TIME ZONE – Jeff Hess answers our own TIMEWASTER’s question on this model Topper Jewelers. Authorized Dealers of Tag Heuer, Omega, Michele, Corum and many more

4. BURLINGAME – Home city to our forum sponsor Topper Fine Jewelers and also the CalTrain Number 206 train stop at 6:33am Weekday Timetable
    5. JIM WHITTAKER – IS the Ball Explorer associated with Mount Everest along with his partner Richard Limeburner
    9. OFFICER – If you graduate from a Military Academy you can become an officer in that service
    10. AMAZING GRACE – If you go to the Ball Watch USA web site and click on the Ball Explores link this song will play BALL Watch Mechanical Timepieces: Swiss Made, American Owned

11. BALTIMORE – The First Mile of RR track in the USA was laid in this city
    12. CRTS – The Canadian Railway Time Service has used many logos over the with Beavers and the Canadian Flag https://forums.watchuseek.com/f239/canadian-railway-time-service-detailed-photos-384278.html

15. ORBITAL – A Rotor switch is one of the Features on the new EHC Spacemaster Orbital
    16. PULSEMETER – Doctors can use a Pulse meter watch to measure pulse rate
    17. ALLIGATOR – EHC model named after the guest by Ball Explorers Jim Whittaker and Richard Limeburner to find the US Navy Prototype sub of the same name
    18. JOHN HEMBEL – Is known as the Mad Cow and this Ball Explorer’s downhill skiing image graces the back of EHC Ti also know as the Mad Cow… John is a contributing member here. Guess what his screen name is?
    19. MIDSIZE – Rob has referred to the EHC Midsize as the Mid Cow since it has many similar features to it’s larger Ti brother
    20. ARABIC – Part of Webb C. Balls standard for RR watches is 1893 that they must have Arabic Numerals (Easy to read quickly)
    22. AVIATOR – This popular Engineer Master II Series of watches comes in a 46mm, 44mm, Dual Time and GMT models
    23. BALL – If you look at the top of the number 7 on certain Trainmaster and Conductor models (Power Reserve, cannonball, 60 Second and Chronograph) this word makes up the top of the 7
    24. ENGINEER – The Hydrocarbon, Master and Master II families of Ball Watches all begin with this word
    26. TMT-
    which in a previous forum post Jeremy of Ball Watch said would be accurate 5-10 minutes off the wrist. Here is the original discussion thread that led to 26 down. Diver TMT glamour shots Since the clue asked for which was most accurate 30minutes off the wrist instead of 5-10 minutes, and wasn't available the first day, this question was not counted in the scoring.
    27. COSC – The COSC standard is a extension of the Ball Standard for RR watches
    29. IONOSPHERE – This popular Ball Fireman Chronograph gets its name from the layer of the atmosphere between the thermosphere and the exosphere Ionosphere - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

33. DIVER WORLDTIMER – Ball Explorer Guillaume Nery is depicted on the case back of this model (with an R added) https://forums.watchuseek.com/f256/en...ml#post3150589
    34. VANILLA - Ball rubber straps have a Vanilla scent
    37. OHIO – The Buckeye State is Ohio State Nicknames

38. GMT – Is the Acronym for Greenwich Mean Time
    41. EIGHTY – There are this many tubes on a Spacemaster X-Lume BALL Watch Eng Hydrocarbon Spacemaster X Lume - DM2036A-SCA-BE: Swiss Made, American Owned

47. STREAMLINER - The Union Pacific's M-10000, Burington & Quincy Railroad' Zepher 990 were known as these Streamliner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    48. SECONDS – There are 60 of these in a minute and also part of the name for this popular Trainmaster Men’s and Lady’s watch BALL Watch Trainmaster 60 Seconds - NM1038D-LJ-BK: Swiss Made, American Owned
    Last edited by robattopper; December 24th, 2010 at 21:12.
    Michael

Here is the placement for this segment and the points:

1st - fuzzyb - 5 points
    2nd - Jchem - 4 points
    3rd - Shmushorgan - 3 points
    4th - djy74 - 2 points
    5th - bkscott - 1 point
    Last edited by samanator; December 23rd, 2010 at 03:13.
    Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast