Dive Watch Rally **Update** SEARAIDER 2007

Thread: Dive Watch Rally **Update** SEARAIDER 2007

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Dive Watch Rally **Update** SEARAIDER 2007

OK guys it's finally here, Searaider 2007. This will be the first dive rally for DOXA fans. We’ve chosen the name of one of DOXA's most celebrated SUBs, and this event will prove to be just as awesome as its namesake!! Open to 12, lucky DOXA divers, the event will take place Nov.1st through the 6th. We'll have four days of diving at the Ocean Frontiers/Compass Point dive resort on the East End of Grand Cayman.(Check it out at www.oceanfrontiers.com .....this place is sweet!!) It's a trip of a lifetime for DOXA enthusiasts to get together, dive, talk watches and make their own DOXA history!

If you're ready, here's what you're in for...each morning we'll board the Nauticat, for two dives on Grand Cayman's world famous walls and reefs. Here you'll find schools of tarpon, moray eels, sea turtles, lobster, grouper, snapper, reef sharks and more tropical fish and coral that you can possibly imagine. If we're lucky, we may even see a massive hammerhead!!(right Greg?)

Ready for more world famous diving? One afternoon we'll venture over to Sting Ray City. For those who don't know, Sting Ray City is an incredible dive where you swim with, pet and interact with masses of stingrays. There are even a couple of friendly eels who cruise in for a visit.

Now if that's not enough, one night we'll go on a night dive where the underwater world transforms. Marine life, not normally seen during the day, are out and feeding. We'll be there to witness it all... octopus, crabs, stingrays and other marine life, all taking advantage of the night. Once back on board, hot chocolate and cinnamon muffins await us for the trip back to shore.

Before I move on to the land-based fun, I've upped the cool factor by having a videographer dive with us. Filming the rally underwater as it unfolds, he'll accompany us on three of our dives, plus the Sting Ray City trip. He'll film, edit and produce an HD DVD, so we can share and re-live Searaider 2007, again and again!

Now, you may be saying "that's all fine, but what do we do when we're not diving? Well, here's the good part. Thirty or so minutes away is George Town, home of Landmark Jewelers. Landmark, for those just coming on board, is the exclusive retailer for DOXA in the Caribbean. Let me tell ya', it's an awesome sight to see so many DOXA SUBs in one place. I know, I've been there and it's almost impossible to leave without a new DOXA on your wrist!

Afternoons are open to explore. There's tons to do on the island, from going to the Cayman Turtle Farm to a visit to Hell. Restaurants and shopping dominate Seven Mile Beach, and we could possibly make an afternoon shore dive somewhere.

Still thinking there's not enough, well our beloved DOXA has opened the treasure chest and is giving away hats, t-shirts(I'll need your t-shirt size) plus a myriad of other goodies to make Searaider 2007 extra memorable. You gotta love these guys.....thanks DOXA!!!!!!!!

OK...enough of my rambling, here's the itinerary:

Nov. 1 Arrival in GC and Ocean Frontier's/Compass Point check in. Get groceries, supplies etc. Casual meet and greet and maybe dinner at a near-by restaurant
    Nov. 2 Morning dive w/ afternoon to explore island.(Don't know about you guys, but I'm going to Landmark to check out the DOXAs!!) Maybe dinner in George Town
    Nov. 3 Morning dive w/ afternoon open. Night Dive
    Nov. 4 Morning dive w/ afternoon dive trip to Sting Ray City. Dinner somewhere cool like Rum Point
    Nov. 5 Morning dive w/ afternoon open. Beach BBQ that evening
    Nov. 6 Check out and departure

OK, now here's the pricing break-down, straight from Lesley at Ocean Frontiers:

5 nights accommodation at Compass Point Dive Resort
    4 days of two tank dives, one night dive and one Stingray City dive
    Farewell BBQ evening
    Car rental for the entire stay(per condo)

Cost is: $1,280.00 Per diver $615.00 per non diver based on double occupancy in a one bedroom and including tax
    Or $1095.00 per diver and $435.00 per non diver based on triple occupancy in a one bedroom and including tax

Alternatively in a Two Bedroom condominium the rates are as follows:

$1,215.00 per diver and $555.00 per non diver based on triple occupancy in a two bedroom and including tax
    $1080.00 per diver and $420.00 per non diver based on quad occupancy in a two bedroom and including tax.

Ready to dive? Here's what Lesley will need, to get you squared away:

In order to confirm your reservation I would need the following information:

Name the room should be booked in: First/Last
    Name of all people in room

Check in and check out dates

Room Type

Name of all divers.

Date of last dive (Month/year )

Any equipment requirements you may have. Please could you supply heights and
    weights for proper sizing.

Finally I will also need a credit card number, VISA or Master Card, and
    expiry date. By clicking on the following link you will be able to send your
    credit card over our secure website:
    www.oceanfrontiers.com the secure
    link is in the top left corner

The card will be used to confirm your booking and will be charged a 50%
    deposit at the time of booking with the final 50% being taken 45 days prior
    to arrival.
    If you are booking with less than 45 days to arrival full payment will be
    taken at the time of booking.

Refund policy: Full refund with more then 14 days notice prior to first day
    of arrival. No refund with less than 14 days notification.

If you have any questions regarding the resort or Ocean Frontiers diving.
    Please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to help.

Now for a few more details.... All participants are responsible for their airfare, meals(except BBQ), souvenirs and DOXAs bought at Landmark Jewelers. You'll need to bring dive gear, and proof of certification plus a log book. Nitrox is extra but well worth it, if you're clear to dive it. If you don't have your own gear, Ocean Frontiers has late model, Scubapro gear and would be happy to help with rentals. Just check with Lesley for rates and reservations.

Any desk divers out there? Are you ready to take the plunge? Ocean Frontiers has an excellent staff of instructors, so you can get certified while attending Searaider 2007. How cool is that?!?! Once again, check with Lesley for rates and reservations.

One last note, since the rooms at Compass Point are condos with full kitchens, most of us are going to need to share a room(myself included). Two bedroom condos can sleep four independently and a One bedroom condo can sleep three independently(there are two Murphy beds in the living room). If you want to share a condo, we can figure this out here on the forum before booking. I personally don't mind sharing, and it doesn't matter to me who I share with. We're all brothers here...that's the way I see it. Oh yea, each room has a safe, so you can secure those DOXAs, that you're not diving with that day.

Just in case you missed it the first time, this event is open to 12 divers. Non-diving spouses and friends are always welcome, but there's only 12 spots available on the boat. The last time I checked the diver poll, there were over 80 certified divers here on the DOXA forum. I expect this trip to fill up fast, but there's still a sign up deadline of Oct. 5th.

That's it for now. PM me or post here if you have any questions. If you have any questions for Lesley, she's just a key stroke away. Her email address is [email protected]. When you're ready to make your deposit, just go to the Ocean Frontier's website and follow Lesley's instructions. When I was there back in March, I booked my trip this way. It's easy, convenient and secure....so no worries there. Be sure to put in the comments box "Searaider 2007", and you'll be good to go. This is going to be great!!!
    Last edited by Jason71; August 21st, 2007 at 21:00. Reason: I couldn't find the date ;)
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Re: Dive Watch Rally **Update** SEARAIDER 2007

Here's what we have to look forward to, with a few new photos mixed in.

No doubt...here's where DOXA gets it's "Caribbean blue".

"The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Here again are the photos of Compass Point. All condos face the sea, so no matter which one you choose, the view is amazing.....

Here's the view from outside the One bedrooms.......

Here's the view from the Twos....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Bump!

Alright. Someone needs to stick this!

Hey, it's now an officially sponsored Doxa event, right??

Edit: Sorry DOXA, I was mistaken. Okay, NOT a sponsored or official event. No worries!
    Last edited by T Bone; August 22nd, 2007 at 19:01. Reason: I was wro.... I was wron.... I was incorrect ;)
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Dive Watch Rally

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post

Hello all DOXA-Holics! So that there is no misunderstanding, the Dive Rally event is NOT sponsored by DOXA, nor is it an official DOXA event.

We are, however, quite happy to provide some "goodies" for the participants. All thanks, kudos, etc. should be directed to the event's organizer!

DOXA

Re: Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post

Made it a sticky......Sorry a little slow on the draw guys, should have "stuck" it yesterday. Very important thread. Wish there was some way that I could go
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Re: Dive Watch Rally

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA Forum Administrator 1 View Post
    Hello all DOXA-Holics! So that there is no misunderstanding, the Dive Rally event is NOT sponsored by DOXA, nor is it an official DOXA event.

We are, however, quite happy to provide some "goodies" for the participants. All thanks, kudos, etc. should be directed to the event's organizer!

DOXA
    Glad to hear from DOXA on this, and yes it's not an official DOXA event. However DOXA is being very generous. In addition to hats and t-shirts, DOXA is providing some other cool things for the event. Some things you've seen and others you haven't

Re: Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    Made it a sticky......Sorry a little slow on the draw guys, should have "stuck" it yesterday. Very important thread.
    Jason....thanks for sticking this one. I bet I know why you were a little "slow on the draw". You're too busy looking for rare and obscure DOXAs

Now about you missing the rally. Can't you get Scottie to cover for you one last time? I'm sure he'd pass on the rally, just so you could go.
    Last edited by subkrawler; August 22nd, 2007 at 18:47. Reason: quote didn't work

Man talk about Karma. I see Subkrawler's update on the dive rally, check with Thor to see if he's still up for it, get home and find my passport has shown up and my underwater camera case is on my door step.
    Well you just can't stop there. Called Lesley, got reservations for Thor and I and then ordered up the plane tickets.
    I guess that means you have at least two of the twelve slots filled.
    See you in November, Randy
    Overtime: The fuel for the Doxaholic engine.

Quote Originally Posted by whse View Post
    Man talk about Karma. I see Subkrawler's update on the dive rally, check with Thor to see if he's still up for it, get home and find my passport has shown up and my underwater camera case is on my door step.
    Well you just can't stop there. Called Lesley, got reservations for Thor and I and then ordered up the plane tickets.
    I guess that means you have at least two of the twelve slots filled.
    See you in November, Randy
    Randy, that's great!!! Right now we have you, Thor and myself. That leaves 9 slots available.

I'm glad you brought up passports. For those who don't know, passports are now mandatory to get back into the US. If you don't have one and plan on making it to the rally, you'll need to apply for one fairly soon. I think it normally takes around six weeks to process, if you don't pay extra to expedite it.

So, what kind of housing did you get?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information