Official Searaider 2008 Waiting List

Thread: Official Searaider 2008 Waiting List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Official Searaider 2008 Waiting List

Alright, with the 2008 Searaider dive rally officially full, it's time to start the waiting list. If you want to go, but missed the opportunity to be in the first 12, just reply to this thread and I'll add you on as an alternate or reserve. November is a long way out, so anything can happen causing a registrant to cancel. This list will be super valuable in helping to keep the trip full.

I'm going to keep it as simple as possible. If there is a cancellation, the first one on the list will be contacted and given the opportunity to attend. If that person declines or doesn't reply within a sensible amount of time(determined by myself), I'll go down the list until a replacement is found. Also let me know if you are attending by yourself, or if you plan to bring someone else. If so, I'll need to know if that person is wanting to dive.

If in fact a cancellation does occur, and we're down to the last crucial weeks before the rally, several may be contacted at once. If this happens, it's a free for all and whoever gets their money in first, goes to Grand Cayman.

By signing on to the list, you are not obligated in any way. If a cancellation occurs and you are contacted but can't attend, just pass and the next person in line will be offered the opportunity.

That's pretty much it. If you want to go but missed out, please sign onto the list. Just because there may be many ahead of you, sign up anyway. Anything could happen and you could get lucky.

(T-bone, did I miss anything?)

One last thing...I'm going to try my very best to keep this process as fair as possible. The closer we get to the rally, the more crucial room availability becomes. Just because there may be enough room on the boat, doesn't mean that there are enough rooms available at Compass Point. I know Lesley well enough, that she'll do her very best to make everything work, but I wanted to point this out now, so we don't have any misunderstandings later.

Searaider 2008 Waiting List

1)
    Last edited by subkrawler; October 14th, 2008 at 04:10.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Re: Official Searaider 2008 Waiting List

Please put me on the waiting list and let me know what info, if any, do you nedd from me. BTW looks like like I'm nr one. Great!!! All my life I was nr. 2. Somebody was there before me....Ha!Ha!
    Thanks,
    Michael Jordache
    Toronto, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by MTJO View Post
    Please put me on the waiting list and let me know what info, if any, do you nedd from me. BTW looks like like I'm nr one. Great!!! All my life I was nr. 2. Somebody was there before me....Ha!Ha!
    Thanks,
    Michael Jordache
    Toronto, Canada
    Alright Michael, you're on the list.

If a cancellation occurs, you'll be the first to contact.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ty,

please put me on the list. Chicago is pretty cold in November..... and December and January and February and March and April and..........

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Peter Millar View Post
    Ty,

please put me on the list. Chicago is pretty cold in November..... and December and January and February and March and April and..........

Pete
    Damn Pete a day late and a dollar short!

Maybe if we get another 12 on this list we can get another boat rerserved for the SeaRaiders ... what ya think Ty??
    John M.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoors View Post

Maybe if we get another 12 on this list we can get another boat rerserved for the SeaRaiders ... what ya think Ty??

Pete, glad to see you join the list

John, Ocean Frontiers definitely has the ability from a boat perspective, but it comes down to room availability.

Then there's the issue of group size. Places such as restaurants, aren't typically that big. If we all try and go eat together as a group, it's more difficult finding a place that can take that many people.

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Pete, glad to see you join the list

John, Ocean Frontiers definitely has the ability from a boat perspective, but it comes down to room availability.

Then there's the issue of group size. Places such as restaurants, aren't typically that big. If we all try and go eat together as a group, it's more difficult finding a place that can take that many people.
    Ty ... We can always BBQ at the resort!!! All take turns fixing up a meal ... hahahaha Rooms could be an issue ...
    John M.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoors View Post
    My middle name, John. There is some method in the madness. I thought that by sticking my name down and taking a chance, it forces me to dig out the fins, snorkel and mask and go do some diving over the summer. Gets me off my arse and if the Searaiders gig comes off I'm up to speed with you guys. If it doesn't come off you have my permission to abuse me mercilessly at the Cussler convention I use to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...........

Pete

I won't cancel, but my wife is not coming... Although she was not registered as a diver.

I can't wait! It'll be great to meet y'all! And I do hope we can accomodate the late comers, good people all of'em...
    François – Quebec City, QC

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Boucher View Post
    I won't cancel, but my wife is not coming... Although she was not registered as a diver.

I can't wait! It'll be great to meet y'all! And I do hope we can accomodate the late comers, good people all of'em...
    I hate to hear that Claire won't be able to make it. I hope she's well.

I'm with you, I can't wait either. I know I said it in my 2007 trip report, but it really is true....the best thing about a trip like this, are the people that you meet. I made two great friends last year, and I can't wait to make nine more.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information