Searaider 2008 Accomodations

Thread: Searaider 2008 Accomodations

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Searaider 2008 Accomodations

Going back through the Searaider threads, it seems that everyone has their room situations squared away except for T Bone, Michael, Jason, Doc Pete, and myself.

I've stated before that I don't mind sharing a room at all. In fact, I like the idea of it to help keep costs down. The most cost effective way is for four to share a two bedroom. Two each get their own bedroom while the remaining two each get their own Murphy bed in the living room. Of course there are other ways to configure it as well, we just need to figure it out.

Let me know guys how you want to roll, as we're less than two weeks away. Man, did I just say that the trip is less that two weeks away? I'm getting excited beyond words.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Re: Searaider 2008 Accomodations

Ty, no problem sharing for me too. Hell, I'll sleep on the beach if necessary

Pete

I am more than happy to share a bigger place with all you guys. One thing, will we have a big enough safe for all the watches? I am planning on bringing 4-6.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

I booked as a single for one reason. I want to sleep in my own room. That way, my snoring doesn't affect anyone else's sleep, nor theirs mine . Beyond that, I have no objections to sharing a room. So two in a one bedroom (plus Murphy Bed), or three in a two bedroom (plus the Murphy Bed) would work fine for me. And I could save a few bucks too. If it works out that I end up by myself in a single occ., then I'm covered there too. Just let me know how it works out.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

I'm in exactly the same situation as T Bone. I will have to talk to Ocean Frontiers on Monday to see what's available.
    BTW Jason has a good point ( as usually ) with the safe. And maybe we should know what watches everybody brings so we don't bring the same ones. I'll bring few depending on how many I can put in my Pelican case.
    Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

One other thing for you guys that are going to share rooms. If you're not arriving at the same time you should discuss who is going to get the car and how everyone is getting to the hotel. Basically let someone know if you are going to need a lift. Randy
    Overtime: The fuel for the Doxaholic engine.

Quote Originally Posted by whse View Post
    One other thing for you guys that are going to share rooms. If you're not arriving at the same time you should discuss who is going to get the car and how everyone is getting to the hotel. Basically let someone know if you are going to need a lift. Randy
    Good point Randy and I was actually going to address that in this post. I think the car situation is going to work out fairly easy. You, THOR and myself are the only ones arriving early on the 11:35 am flight. The rest of the team will be landing at 12:25 pm. I can either bum a ride with you guys, or wait a bit until the rest arrive.

Depending on how Michael, T Bone, Jason, Pete and myself, divvy up the rooms...we're at least going to have 2 cars. That gives us a fleet of 5 cars amongst the Searaiders. Plenty of wheels to move around the island on.

Now about the safes. I'm only planning to bring two watches, my 'Rambler and my COSC Carib., so I'll only need to put one in the safe. I know Jason is bringing 4-6, so having enough room in the safe is a good thing to consider(thanks Jason). I also just sent an email off to Lesley to see if there are two safes in a two bedroom. We'll see what she says on Monday.

About the room-mate situation, I'm thinking 3 to a 2 bedroom and 2 to a 1 bedroom will probably be the most comfortable. Since Pete is getting there a couple of days after all of us, he should probably fall in with whoever is in the 2 bedroom. This way the 3 man room doesn't have to crowd up before it's necessary. Now I know the "# of watches" vs. "room in the safe" may be a determining factor in who rooms with whom, but I will say this...I'll be the first to volunteer for the 3 man room since it may be perceived to be the less desirable room situation. I'll also start a "Who's bringing what" thread in the Searaider sub-forum.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Lesley is not in this week so looks like I'll go solo. Is it paid for already so ...
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

Quote Originally Posted by MTJO View Post
    Lesley is not in this week so looks like I'll go solo. Is it paid for already so ...
    Michael, that's what it's looking like. With the way things have transpired over the past two days, it's probably going to to work out better this way, anyway.

Lesley notified me yesterday that there aren't any two-bedrooms available, as they've all booked up. Jason also let me know that his wife is now joining the trip, so that takes him out of sharing a room. I guess I'll take a one bedroom, and since Pete is coming in late, he can crash in my room.

That would leave Michael and T Bone, if you guys wanted to split a room. Since you've both paid, I'd probably keep it that way for comfort's sake. Up to you guys though.

sorry to spring the wifey on you guys so late in the game:oops::oops::oops:

She tends to be a bit wishy-washy on things from time to time. Her exact words were, "I am not sure I want to come down there and hang-out with your watch-nerd friends" No offense, but she really thinks I have turned into somewhat of a nerd since I have spent so much time on the forums for the past 2 years. I have a strong suspicion that she will change her mind once she arrives.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information