Searaider 2008 Attendees

Thread: Searaider 2008 Attendees

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Searaider 2008 Attendees

Just in case anybody was wondering who's on board for Searaider 2008, here's the updated list.

1. subkrawler
    2. whse
    3. THOR
    4. Caribbean Soul
    5. TMahaun
    6. TMahaun's sister
    7. jmoors
    8. Kathy
    9. T Bone
    10. jclevoy
    11. MTJO
    12. Dr Peter Millar

For you guys on the list, in addition to the incredible diving, there are some awesome "bonus" surprises in store. Stay tuned.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Re: Searaider 2008 Attendees

Thanks for posting this Ty.

One of the moderators should either make this a sticky or move it to the sub forum SeaRaiders .... that way we don't lose it again.
    John M.

Where is this going to be held?

Nevermind, saw the thread. Have to talk this over with the wife, see if we can do a Carib vacation.
    Last edited by aikiman44; July 2nd, 2008 at 22:16.
    "Gentlemen, we should synchronize our watches."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am so ready for this. I just put in for my passport yesterday and I've been spending as much time underwater as I possibly can so I'll be comfortable.

Now, what we need to do is convince Doxa to make us a limited edition Searaider Doxa 5000T or 1000T.
    Todd

Fortune favors the bold. Virgil (70 BC - 19 BC)

In wine there is wisdom, in Scotch there is strength, In beer there is freedom, and in water there is bacteria.

I guess Todd is right. A Searaider Limited Edition should be issued... On a Caribbean dial!!
    Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MTJO View Post
    I guess Todd is right. A Searaider Limited Edition should be issued... On a Caribbean dial!!
    Michael
    Michael,

Don't know if you know it or not, but "Searaider" was the original, prototype name of the "Searambler". I think only one has ever surfaced, but it has been noted in some early DOXA advertising. Pete has it in his book too.

That's why I chose to name the rally "Searaider', in honor of a super cool, one-of-a-kind Sub. Which is exactly like the rally, super cool and one-of-a-kind in the world of watch collecting.

The original one that surfaced had the traditional red minute hand, black hour hand, and a black w/ red square seconds hand. Almost like the vintage Searambler seconds hand that we know, except the Searaider's red box, was solid without the lume square. It also had a yellow painted bezel, instead of orange.

I'd love to see DOXA reissue a "Searaider", based on the original and make it exclusively available to attendees of the rally. I'm thinking silver dial, orange minute and seconds hand, black hour hand, yellow painted bezel, and specially engraved caseback. Just don't know if everyone would want one. Until then, I'll dive the heck out of my 750T Searambler.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Michael,

Don't know if you know it or not, but "Searaider" was the original, prototype name of the "Searambler". I think only one has ever surfaced, but it has been noted in some early DOXA advertising. Pete has it in his book too.

That's why I chose to name the rally "Searaider', in honor of a super cool, one-of-a-kind Sub. Which is exactly like the rally, super cool and one-of-a-kind in the world of watch collecting.

The original one that surfaced had the traditional red minute hand, black hour hand, and a black w/ red square seconds hand. Almost like the vintage Searambler seconds hand that we know, except the Searaider's red box, was solid without the lume square. It also had a yellow painted bezel, instead of orange.

I'd love to see DOXA reissue a "Searaider", based on the original and make it exclusively available to attendees of the rally. I'm thinking silver dial, orange minute and seconds hand, black hour hand, yellow painted bezel, and specially engraved caseback. Just don't know if everyone would want one. Until then, I'll dive the heck out of my 750T Searambler.
    Hi Sub,
    As usually you are a wealth of information!!
    I said Caribbean only because we're going to Caribbean.
    As far for the Special Edition Searambler as described by you I'll put a full payment deposit as we speak. I can only imagine what a hit that watch will be!!!
    Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Michael,

HELL YES I WOULD BUY ONE!!! It would be nice to pick it up on Nov1 so I can dive Searaider 2008 with it.!!!
    John M.

I think a Searaider Carribbean might be more amusing...

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

No more spelling bee's, please!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information