Searaider 2008 (Part II) Now we're diving!

Thread: Searaider 2008 (Part II) Now we're diving!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Searaider 2008 (Part II) Now we're diving!

In typical island fashion, the morning came early. It had been a month or so since I'd been in the water and I was excited, as well as anxious.....sleep wasn't a high priority. After grabbing my camera, light, and regs, I headed out the door. Our dive boat, the Eastern Skies, awaited and some members of the Searaider team had already gathered. It was nice to see the DOXAs entering their natural element.

The clanging of tanks, the warm sun, the rumble of marine engines, and flashes of yellow, blue, black and mostly orange....completely summed up what diving-life is all about. I knew right away, this was going to be an awesome week.

The day's dive plan was to head slightly West and dive two reefs, Playing Field and Kelly's Caverns. We decided to do two reef dives, instead of a deep wall first, since some of the team hadn't been in the Big-Blue before. This was a great call, as it let everyone get accustomed to the boat, the terrain, tweak buoyancy and sort gear issues.

Amazing how at home I always feel, when returning to the Caribbean. It looked like everyone else was feeling the same, and with that said, here's the team getting their first taste if Searider 2008.....Diving style!

"whse"(notice the groovin' embroidery)

"THOR"

"jclevoy" and "TheMrs"

"jmoors" and "SeaNymph"

"Doc Pete"

"TMahaun"

"only1brittie"

"MTJO"

and....."T Bone"

What a way to get back into the swing, but there's always the surface interval. Just enough time to chat about the first dive, grab a drink, make a few notes and.................

"Decompress" for a bit.

Or....figure out where my camera went.

Jeeez....I should have known.

With Playing Field and Kelly's Caverns under our belts, it was time to head back to shore. Lunch and a nap were in order for me, and it didn't take long before the afternoon was completely gone. Not a problem, as rumor had it that TMahaun was firing up the grill for some marinated beef delicacies...and delicacies they were. Perfectly seasoned, grilled brisket along with Brittie's tossed vinaigrette salad, made for an excellent ending to an excellent day. Even better for me though, was to see the newest batch of Searaiders come together....not as a group of divers, but more like a big, orange, diving family. Ahhh.........this in living.

Last edited by subkrawler; November 19th, 2008 at 08:42.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Re: "Searaider 2008" (Part II) Now we're diving!

Ty ... fantastic ... it is great to re-live it again.

John
    John M.

Great write up Ty
    Think I need to save the pennies and try and get to next years event.
    Chris

Doxa, Smiths, Precista, Longines,
    CWC. Casio Baby-G, Rolex

"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you´re racing, it’s life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
    (Steve McQueen, 1971)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great pics Ty. Makes me wish we could do it all over again. I think Searaiders is going to be like another Christmas for me, only comes once a year and I spend the rest of the year wishing it was that time of year again.
    Todd

Fortune favors the bold. Virgil (70 BC - 19 BC)

In wine there is wisdom, in Scotch there is strength, In beer there is freedom, and in water there is bacteria.

Cheryle and I always enjoy looking on the forum every morning to see if Ty has stayed up late adding another chapter in the Searaiders adventure of 2008. Keep it coming Ty, we are LOVIN' it!! We are eagerly awaiting the next installment

It is funny, the kids now can identify almost everybody by name, face, and dive-gear configuration. This morning it was.......... "Look daddy, There's Ty!!"
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Very cool!

-luke

Great narrating and superb pictures. This is Ty at his best ofcourse. Everyday I turn on the computer looking for Ty's new Searaiders posting. In the end Ty should bundle the postings up in booklet style and send it to all the Searaiders and then maybe Pete can insert it in his new updated book. I know I'll add it to my Diving with Legends book that Pete and all the Searaiders autographed for me!!
    Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

Quote Originally Posted by TMahaun View Post
    Great pics Ty. Makes me wish we could do it all over again. I think Searaiders is going to be like another Christmas for me, only comes once a year and I spend the rest of the year wishing it was that time of year again.
    Ditto, I just want to add that Ty's write-ups and photos of this event make it seem like an ideal gathering, in the perfect locale, of wonderful people with numerous common interests. As good as that might sound - the reality is that it was better. Some things just can't be photographed, the camaraderie, the humor, the unbelievable visibility of the water, etc, etc, etc. I can hardly wait to re-live day III.

On the surface, we all meet to discuss watches, albeit stunning, they're still merely metal. SeaRaiders has turned into something so much deeper, and more meaningful. (Diving references intentional ) I think Doc picked a great song for his video; the lyrics are very poignant and fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Ditto, I just want to add that Ty's write-ups and photos of this event make it seem like an ideal gathering, in the perfect locale, of wonderful people with numerous common interests. As good as that might sound - the reality is that it was better. Some things just can't be photographed, the camaraderie, the humor, the unbelievable visibility of the water, etc, etc, etc. I can hardly wait to re-live day III.

On the surface, we all meet to discuss watches, albeit stunning, they're still merely metal. SeaRaiders has turned into something so much deeper, and more meaningful. (Diving references intentional ) I think Doc picked a great song for his video; the lyrics are very poignant and fitting.
    Nicely put Thor, a family it is, and proud to be a member!!

John

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Proud here also . This was my favorite vacation ever, and as I said in the Searaider Sub Forum, what made it so good was the people!

Ty, great story telling and photo accompaniment, I also anxiously await the next installment (reliving the week is nearly as sweet as the actual event!).
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information