Searaider 2009 (Part III)

Thread: Searaider 2009 (Part III)

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Searaider 2009 (Part III)

It's Tuesday morning, the sun is shining, the seas calm, and the only thing we have to do today is dive....and relax. Life is definitely good, it's just too bad that everyday of my life can't be like this.

Our dives for today are two sites that we visited last year, "3 Sisters" and "Little House", so it was like visiting old friends. 3 Sisters in named for three coral pinnacles which broke from the wall thousands of years ago, and Little House is named for a house on the shore which aligns with the dive site. The house was destroyed by Hurricane Ivan and now provides a home for a white cow and a goat....for some reason that's just kinda funny.

Alright...let's go, and nothing like a time check early in the dive. Why not...it's a Whiteshark.

Todd with Michael close behind wearing his COSC 750T Milshark.

A closer look at Michael's Milshark and Gavin's 1000T Milshark.

Brittie taking a break.

I don't think these guys have moved since last year.

Once back at Compass Point, we kicked back and settled into our "do nothing" mode. Everyone went and did their own thing, and after a light lunch I decided to take a four hour nap. Ahhhh....like I said...life is good.
    Last edited by subkrawler; November 20th, 2009 at 06:40.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Re: Searaider 2009 (Part III)

I'm totally jealous you guys are out there having fun diving and enjoying a sweet vacation. Grrr it's too bad I can't be there, however, the fate of the military wanted me to be here in Iraq instead :P. I can't complain though. I really enjoy reading about what you guys have done and looking at all the pictures. Can't wait to see the next post from you!!!
    DOXA Sub 1200T DWL Professional 46/99
    DOXA Sub 1200T NUMA 01/50
    Vintage DOXA Sub 300T Divingstar (Synchron 2nd Gen Push-in crown)

Saving the world one block of C-4 at a time!
    EOD is more than a job in the military. It's a lifestyle.

I'm enjoying these posts a lot, I just squint a bit and I'm there with you, instead of rainy here. Keep em coming
    Too many watches

Ohhhh and a Doxa Sub Conquistador !!!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CityMorgue View Post
    I'm totally jealous you guys are out there having fun diving and enjoying a sweet vacation. Grrr it's too bad I can't be there, however, the fate of the military wanted me to be here in Iraq instead :P. I can't complain though. I really enjoy reading about what you guys have done and looking at all the pictures. Can't wait to see the next post from you!!!
    Thanks CM, stay safe over there and hopefully you can join us in the coming years.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Thanks CM, stay safe over there and hopefully you can join us in the coming years.
    Oh I hope so that would be outstanding to go do something like that the next time it happens. As it stands, I plan on taking a 2 week vacation sometime next July/August somewhere to go diving and enjoy a nice beach front and stuff.

Do you know of any events around that time next year?
    DOXA Sub 1200T DWL Professional 46/99
    DOXA Sub 1200T NUMA 01/50
    Vintage DOXA Sub 300T Divingstar (Synchron 2nd Gen Push-in crown)

Saving the world one block of C-4 at a time!
    EOD is more than a job in the military. It's a lifestyle.

Thread Information