Searaider 2010
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Searaider 2010

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Searaider 2010

Alright guys, the big announcement is finally here....Searaider 2010 is a go! Unless you're completely new to DOXA, you know what it's all about. If you are new, checkout the Searaider sub-forum (right above) to get youself up to speed.

This year's trip is Nov. 6th-13th which gives us:

7 nights accommodation at Compass Point Dive Resort in Grand Cayman
    5 x two tank dives, 1 x 3 tank dive and a night dive
    1 x BBQ evening
    Car rental per condominium

Cost is :
    Double occupancy in a one bedroom: $1,285.00 per person inc tax
    Double occupancy in a two bedroom: $1,555.00 per person inc tax
    Single occupancy in a one bedroom: $1,645.00 inc tax

If you're in, here's what Lesley at Compass Point/Ocean Frontiers will need in order to confirm your reservation:

Name the room should be booked in: First/Last
    Name of all people in room

Check in and check out dates

Room Type

Name of all divers.

Date of last dive (Month/year )

Any equipment requirements you may have. Please could you supply heights and weights for proper sizing.

Finally I will also need a credit card number, VISA or Master Card, and expiration date. By clicking on the following link you will be able to send your credit card over our secure website: Scuba Diving Adventures - Dive Vacations, East End, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - Ocean Frontiers Dive Center the secure link is in the top left corner

The card will be used to confirm your booking. For early bookings prior to June 1st, a charge of $100 will apply. This early deposit will be very helpful for planning additional events during the rally. 50% of the remaining balance will be charged on June 1st, with the final 50% being taken 45 days prior to arrival. If you are booking with less than 45 days to arrival, full payment will be taken at the time of booking.

Refund policy: Full refund with more then 30 days notice prior to first day of arrival. No refund with less than 30 days notification.

If you have any questions regarding the resort or Ocean Frontiers diving. Please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to help. My email address is [email protected]

I know this is obvious, but just to be clear.....all participants are responsible for their airfare, meals(except BBQ), souvenirs, etc. You'll need to bring dive gear, and proof of certification plus a log book. Nitrox is extra, but well worth it if you're certified in it's use. If you don't have your own gear, Ocean Frontiers has late model, Scubapro gear and would be happy to help with rentals. Just check with Lesley for rates and reservations.

OK, that's it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM. If not, sign up and let's go diving. See you in November.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Re: Searaider 2010

Good to see the anouncement Ty. Cheryle and I are looking forward to this year, in spite of our bad luck this summer. I guess we will call Lesley (or email) this week.

Looking forward to seeing the gang
    Best Regards,
    Jason

I won't be there as I don't dive. But I look forward to the pictorial reports that I'm sure will be posted. The ones from last year were very entertaining.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Way to go Ty! Everybody was waiting for this announcement to come so we can go ahead and start to make arrangements for this diving fest! Personally I'm starting dreaming about a magnificent week at Compass Point! See you guys there!
    Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    Good to see the anouncement Ty. Cheryle and I are looking forward to this year, in spite of our bad luck this summer. I guess we will call Lesley (or email) this week.

Looking forward to seeing the gang
    Glad you guys ard back for 2010. Speaking of the bad luck, have they put everything back together yet?
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Glad you guys ard back for 2010. Speaking of the bad luck, have they put everything back together yet?

We are back in our house, and our lives are starting to get back to normal. Thanks for asking.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

I just finally got a bit of time to call Leslie and now I'm booked at Ocean Frontiers! I know that now it is still nice and warm and everybody is diving or trying to dive but me I'm getting all ready and I started to look at the posts here with the pictures of the dives, barbecues and my friends! In just about ten weeks we'll be there!
    Sooo, who's coming this year?

Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is it only 10 weeks? When you put it that way, it positively makes my day.

I too have been looking forward to Cayman for about, oh... 9 months now. I really would like to add an annual dive vacation to my current annual schedule (of 1) but I'm afraid that any additional/alternative destination would end in disappointment. Minnesota diving, as one example, is shockingly different from anything "Carribean" (and speaking of carribeans if you're ready to sell one of yours Ty, do shoot me a pm).

My search for the lost boat anchor last fall was thoroughly frustrating. I can only imagine how much more enjoyable that sort of diving would be with any sort of visibility (say, more than 1 foot). As soft as the bottom of the lake was, one would need to either drag the bottom, or search with a metal detector before going down. I still haven't given up on that project - but it's back on the "anchor owner" now to resume the search; I told him if he finds it I'll go get it, but probing around in the dark muck is not going to happen again.

I did go to Mexico some years ago, and that was alright - particularly the cave dive - but I keep hearing how the "climate" in Mexico has changed in the last few years... and I'm not talking about global warming, either.

I ramble - but I just enjoy getting in the Cayman/diving frame of mind. After I finish mowing tonight,I think I'll whip up a Cayman sunset.

Hey guys, soon we will start the count down! Did anybody got their tickets yet?

Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am so bad at procrastinating

I finally called Lesley and reserved our room. I also booked our tickets. We will be arriving via Miami to GCM at 1:35pm on Saturday Nov 6th. We fly out the following Saturday at 3:45pm back to Miami.

We so look forward to seeing everyone. READY TO DO SOME DIVIN'

If anyone else is arriving at a similar time, please let us know.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information