Searaider 2011...get ready to dive!!

Thread: Searaider 2011...get ready to dive!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Searaider 2011...get ready to dive!!

Alright everyone, it's time to start making plans for Searaider 2011. Unless you're completely new to DOXA, you know what it's all about. If you are new, checkout the Searaider sub-forum (right above) to get yourself in the know.

This year's trip is going to be different. In past years, we've been extremely lucky in dodging hurricanes, but I'm afraid if I don't change it to an earlier part of the year, a hurricane will eventually blow us out. So this year's trip is set for June 4th -11th, and Ocean Frontiers has been kind enough to offer us the same pricing as last year.

Here are the details:

7 nights accommodation at Compass Point Dive Resort in Grand Cayman
    5 x two tank dives, 1 x 3 tank dive and a night dive
    1 x BBQ evening
    Car rental per condominium

Cost is :
    Double occupancy in a one bedroom: $1,285.00 per person inc tax
    Double occupancy in a two bedroom: $1,555.00 per person inc tax
    Single occupancy in a one bedroom: $1,645.00 inc tax

If you're in, here's what Lesley at Compass Point/Ocean Frontiers will need in order to confirm your reservation:

Name the room should be booked in: First/Last
    Name of all people in room

Check in and check out dates

Room Type

Name of all divers.

Date of last dive (Month/year )

Any equipment requirements you may have. Please could you supply heights and weights for proper sizing.

Finally I will also need a credit card number, VISA or Master Card, and expiration date. By clicking on the following link you will be able to send your credit card over our secure website: Scuba Diving Adventures - Dive Vacations, East End, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - Ocean Frontiers Dive Center the secure link is in the top left corner

The card will be used to confirm your booking. For bookings made before April 20th, a 50% deposit will be needed, with the final 50% being taken after April 20th. If you are booking after April 20th, full payment will be taken at the time of booking.

Refund policy: Full refund with more then 30 days notice prior to first day of arrival. No refund with less than 30 days notification.

If you have any questions regarding the resort or Ocean Frontiers diving. Please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to help. My email address is [email protected]

I know this is obvious, but just to be clear.....all participants are responsible for their airfare, meals(except BBQ), souvenirs, etc. You'll need to bring dive gear, and proof of certification plus a log book. Nitrox is extra, but well worth it if you're certified in it's use. If you don't have your own gear, Ocean Frontiers has late model, Scubapro gear and would be happy to help with rentals. Just check with Lesley for rates and reservations.

OK, that's it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM. If not, sign up and let's go diving. See you in June.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Unhappy Re: Searaider 2011...get ready to dive!!

Sounds like a great trip.I want to go not sure of timing for me.How many people can their be on this trip?
    Doxa Sub 800Ti..................."The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Searaider 2011...get ready to dive!!

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA DIVER View Post
    Sounds like a great trip.I want to go not sure of timing for me.How many people can their be on this trip?
    12 is the max, including myself. Hope you can make it, because it's a heck of a good time.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Love to go, but have my IDC Staff Instuctors course during that time.
    USA/USN Retired
    PADI MSDT and IDC Staff Instr

Doxa 1200T NUMA TQ #7 of 50

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    12 is the max, including myself. Hope you can make it, because it's a heck of a good time.
    Love to go,but Scuba show is in Long Beach at that time. When can we ( my wife and I are both Doxa divers) sign up for 2012?
    Last edited by DOXA DIVER; March 13th, 2011 at 19:57.
    Doxa Sub 800Ti..................."The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

Not sure about actual dates for 2012 yet, but I do know that it will be in late February. It will be at that time of year from then on out.

Not sure about actual dates for 2012 yet, but I do know that it will be in late February. It will be at that time of year from then on out.
    Thanks for the info on future trips and thanks for doing all the work of setting up the Searaider trips.

Hello Searaiders! I guess the count down is on! We're down to 8 weeks now and the little wet snow we had here on Sunday evening made me think about some nice warm waters and blue sky!!
    So who's on and what are the flights arrangements so far?

Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

Quote Originally Posted by MTJO View Post
    Hello Searaiders! I guess the count down is on! We're down to 8 weeks now and the little wet snow we had here on Sunday evening made me think about some nice warm waters and blue sky!!
    So who's on and what are the flights arrangements so far?

Michael
    Naturally I'm in, but no flight arrangements yet.

The 2012 and subsequent dates sound good. We'll just have spent two weeks diving Cozumel by the first of May, so taking in another week in June isn't possible. However, by February 2012, we'll be ready.

I really wanted to go this year, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. If I can make it in February, perhaps I can pull off those Tervis Tumblers with the Searaider logo.

Have a good trip in two months!

Rob
    Datejust 116233Datejust 16233Ω SMPc 212.30.36.20.01.002DOXA SUB1000T Project Aware 23/92 T035.410.11.051.00

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information