What are Bell n Ross watches like? Reliability? Resale? Precision? - Page 3
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What are Bell n Ross watches like? Reliability? Resale? Precision?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: What are Bell n Ross watches like? Reliability? Resale? Precision?

Quote Originally Posted by CMSgt Bo View Post
    Well known by whom? Sinn and B&R by Sinn (and early Kobolds for that matter) are as solid and dependable as mechanical watches come. I have a few pre 2002 Sinn's (1550 SG, 156B, EZM1) that are anything but rubbish.
    I was being facetious. Early B&Rs were very solidly made, because they were made by Sinn for such a long time, and then transferred to G&F Chatelain, which also makes cases for MB&F and others. But a chip on the shoulder is a chip on the shoulder!

TBH, I'm quite sick of people who rag on B&R, Sinn, Ball and the like... No, they are not on the level of Rolex or Omega or the like but being called rubbish or trash or anything similar is just plain ridiculous. I've owned Rolexes, handled plenty of Omegas and the like and yes, an in-house movement and the level of build quality and craftsmanship is a level above B&R & Ball, etc... BUT that being said, Bell&Ross, Ball, Sinn and most entry level luxury watches are high quality watches. No, they don't have the name or recognition of Rolexes, but they are galaxies away from being a fashion watch brand or a Bulova which I would much more easily call rubbish. There are obviously hoards of people who spend $2-5k on B&Rs and have great experiences, strongly feel their quality is on par with the other luxury watches in the same price range and are repeat customers. Now that I think of it, I hardly ever hear of people who have actually owned B&R and say they are trash; it's almost always people who despise or dislike the brand, the style in general, lack of heritage, lack of in-house movements, etc. and use that as an excuse to speak derogatorily about something they've never purchased and experienced for themselves.

I recently purchased my first B&R and to be honest, I was very uneasy and nervous about spending that amount of money on a B&R when I could have gotten a used Omega DeVille or AT or another used Rolex OP or a new Grand Seiko, or even a new Breitling etc... BUT, I loved the look of the B&R that I just had to have it and see if all the mainstream negativity about B&R is warranted...

But immediately when I received the watch and evaluated its finishing and build quality and after wearing it a while and comparing it to my Rolex OP... I do have to say that although I will feel the hit in the wallet from the poor resale value, I really don't regret it at all and I am actually quite positive I don't regret my decision AT ALL... This thing is awesome and I probably will keep a long time so don't care about the resale value. Obviously, if I was looking for an investment watch, I wouldn't buy a B&R, but that's not why most people buy watches...

Just my 2 cents... but a shorter answer would be:

---Reliability- very good and on par with the other brands in the same price range
    ---Resale- As with most watches, buying an excellent conditioned preowned would be preferable, but I'd expect to get about 1/3-1/2 of retail for these watches for resale.
    ---Precision- ETA & Sellita movements are well known for being incredibly accurate and precise and are much cheaper to repair/service. Also, the precision of the build quality, dial, crown, band, etc are all top notch that I can tell. Curved dome on my model is gorgeous
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sebast975 and koolpep like this.

I have owned a couple, which I have always purchased on the second hand market. Like any other watch, if you bought at the right price you typically do OK if you resell it. I liked the larger aviation inspired pieces. I would typically wear them when taking a trip on my motorcycle, from a readability / visibility standpoint they are outstanding. I get complements on it all the time when out riding. B&R certainly has a style of their own, and in my mind are a niche but decent brand.

Name:  3913E0D4-4FDE-4371-AC8C-7F5F3DFF5898.jpeg
Views: 11
Size:  2.44 MB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by horrij1 View Post
    I have owned a couple, which I have always purchased on the second hand market. Like any other watch, if you bought at the right price you typically do OK if you resell it. I liked the larger aviation inspired pieces. I would typically wear them when taking a trip on my motorcycle, from a readability / visibility standpoint they are outstanding. I get complements on it all the time when out riding. B&R certainly has a style of their own, and in my mind are a niche but decent brand.

Name:  3913E0D4-4FDE-4371-AC8C-7F5F3DFF5898.jpeg
Views: 11
Size:  2.44 MB
    Yes sir! I wear this when skydiving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information