1970s Zenith identification

Thread: 1970s Zenith identification

1970s Zenith identification

Hello !

I didn't figure how to create a new thread so just gonna revive this old one since it's relevant! I was just gifted this watch from my late grandpa, a Zenith he was given by his company in 1973, after 20 years there (company name is ARBED on the case back). I'd really like to learn more about the watch if you guys have any knowledge! The case back seems to have some sort of part or serial number: 208105. There is no swiss made mention on the front. That's about everything i could notice.

I am too afraid to open the case back and look at the caliber at this point, I wouldn't want to damage it.
    Do you guys have any idea what model this is, what caliber, etc ? I'd love to know more about this watch, it is very sentimental to me...
    Also is it gold or PVD? No idea how to tell.

Thank you for your help!

Name:  P_20200102_215837_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  828.2 KBName:  P_20200102_215855_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  1.83 MB

Re: Zenith watch identification

Hi there, welcome to the forum, and congrats on your Zenith, which looks in excellent condition.
    It surely is a gold watch (18 K).
    As it was produced by Zenith Besançon, it most likely has a cal. 106-50-6 inside.
    Production date: between 1965 and 1970, estimate: late 1960's ( 1968-1969).
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Can't add much to what sempervivens said but Zeniths with a "Nato star" (rather than the more usual five pointed star) on the dial are rare. If you need to create a new thread, please use the orange button ("+Post New Thread") in the top left corner of the main forum page. Meanwhile, I have shifted this and the reply to its own thread for you.

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sempervivens View Post
    Hi there, welcome to the forum, and congrats on your Zenith, which looks in excellent condition.
    It surely is a gold watch (18 K).
    As it was produced by Zenith Besançon, it most likely has a cal. 106-50-6 inside.
    Production date: between 1965 and 1970, estimate: late 1960's ( 1968-1969).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    Can't add much to what sempervivens said but Zeniths with a "Nato star" (rather than the more usual five pointed star) on the dial are rare. If you need to create a new thread, please use the orange button ("+Post New Thread") in the top left corner of the main forum page. Meanwhile, I have shifted this and the reply to its own thread for you.

Hartmut Richter

Thank you very much for these information guys, that's fantastic!! Harmut, thanks for pointing out the logo with the 4-branched star, I had not noticed. After some googling I actually found some forum threads where you responded on questions about that, and that it was indeed a short-lived production era for these dials. That's a cool anecdote to know! I will cherish this piece for many years to come.

Thread Information