I have a few questions about the 410 / 410z movement from Zenith. I've read in a few different threads that there are some members on the forums with Zenith 410 movement pieces. I have a few questions about the movement since I am new specifically to Zenith watches.
I own a ChronoMaster from ~2000 with a 410z movement that I picked up a couple of months ago. My questions are:
- What are service intervals like on this movement? The piece I have was just serviced in April of this year.
- Is it ok to wind the watch everyday if I am not using it? It's just a pain to have to reset the calendar... wondering in terms of wear on the movement.
- A few times I've picked the watch up its been say a 20 minutes to a half hour slow, however, the day before I either didn't wear it at all or only gave it a partial wind. I am assuming this is normal as there are lot of mechanical movements that happens between midnight and 2am (day,date,moonphase, changes) which I'm guessing drain the reserve much more than a typical non-date movement or date only movement. Can anyone confirm that?
- When the power reserve is low, the watch winds loosely and then gets stiffer to wind as as it fills up. Is that typical for this movement?
- What is the durability of this movement been in your usage. Not really in regard to water resistance, anything with external pushers I'd never bring in water. I'm also not really talking about hard use on the watch. I'm asking in terms of being a daily wearer with the typical dings and bangs of wrist time.
Finally, here is a photo of this watch. It's really incredible the level of detail and finish work for the price. The black polished hands and individually applied romans give this such a rich feel. Very happy was was able to buy such a nice example just serviced.