Anyone else find the stock Defy clasp uncomfortable
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Anyone else find the stock Defy clasp uncomfortable

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone else find the stock Defy clasp uncomfortable

Does anyone else besides me find the clasp that comes with the Defy 21 not very comfortable. I find that it always tends to stick up as shown in my pics. This “forced” me to get a regular Zenith deployant that they use on their other models and get custom Camille Fournet straps which is actually way more comfortable especially with the rubber lining. I hate having a gap so that’s why I went custom to get the 23mm size.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Anyone else find the stock Defy clasp uncomfortable

The old clasp on the Defy 21 was very uncomfortable, more so on the leather strap. Zenith have recently rejigged the clasp a little to make it more comfy and it is a significant improvement. I suspect your model has the older version
    fskywalker likes this.

Any chance you have a picture? What’s the key place to look to tell if it’s the new or older version. I have a ceramic defy that I picked up 6 months ago that was new. And I didn’t notice anything different about that clasp from the Ti one in my pics. But I wasn’t paying super close attention either.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I dont have a picture on me but can get you one in a few days. Not sure how you can detect it other than wearing the watch. I compared the clasp on the defy 21 boutique edition to the standard edition and noticed the difference. Emailed to zenith who confirmed the change.

Wow the original version looks like a poor design if it sticks up like that. For such a new watch to have the clasp redesigned already means they must have had a lot of complaints. That's a pretty bad misstep for what it supposed to be a flagship level model. That should have been caught in the design stages.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I don’t know if it’s just me either but I also find Zenith Rubber straps to be not the most comfortable. They tend to be bulky especially around the clasp which adds unnecessary circumference to the watch making it harder to slide under a sleeve. Come to think of it, I had some Heuer 01 43mm skeleton models that had very uncomfortable rubber straps also. I wonder if if this is a LVMH thing. I wish Omega would incorporate a microajustment or just have a simple two position setup for the deployant clasp spring bar but I do find their rubber straps to be the most comfortable and they keep a fairly sleep profile around the clasp area.

I agree with you on the Zenith rubber straps. I had one and it made the watch flare out from the lugs and wore very bulky. It made the watch wear much larger than the size which didn't work on my small wrists. I have rubber Breitling straps that are extremely comfortable and probably have the best rubber clasp out there. Zenith I had to take the factory strap off and use something else.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

One of the things a lot of people don’t seem to measure is how thick the strap and clasp add to the overall thickness/circumference of the watch. Clasp and overly thick strap can add important extra mm to a watch and make it harder to fit under a cuff.

I'm with you. This was one of the things that actually put me off when trying it on at the AD. But damn, beautiful watch!!
    Oris Chronoris
    Frederique Constant Slim Line
    Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor 2

I’m not too broken up about not getting the newest Defly clasp. LOL. I think no matter what I was going to change the strap and go with the regular deployant just because it’s lower profile and sits better on my wrist. For single fold deployants I sill Omega makes the most comfortable OEM one.
    fskywalker likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information