Booklet from Zenith from 1958 / 133.8 / 71 and 135 👌
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Kulee-Baba
  • 2 Post By Herold

Thread: Booklet from Zenith from 1958 / 133.8 / 71 and 135 👌

Booklet from Zenith from 1958 / 133.8 / 71 and 135 👌

Found this nice booklet enjoy ! Referenz nr. 1/2103 is the 135 caliber and the rectangular case 1/2051 is the 133.8 !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Booklet from Zenith from 1958 / 133.8 / 71 and 135 👌

Very nice! Especially since it's in German and I can read it all without problems! I'll have one of the Ref. 2107 (Cal. 71 "Captain") with solid gold band please. Oh, and a Cal. 135, of course.

Hartmut Richter

Very nice, never seen that, thank you for sharing.
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It’s amazing when one of this old booklets came to the light.

Thanks for showing

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Yes, these brochures were also included in a Zenith book published in 1957. The book was a very short documentary about the history of watchmaking in Neuchatel, followed by special jewelry watches from the Zenith company. Printed on 180 grams of white fine paper, the pictures on 200 grams of art paper. The images were subsequently pasted onto the book pages by the printer.
    It was published in an edition of 5000 pieces, with each copy numbered individually. In addition, 50 pieces of luxury specimens bound in calf leather were produced.
    The dust jacket is completely black, without a title or references to the content. Only two pocket watches and a clockwork (the pocket clockwork whose bridges show the initials GFJ) are shown.
    Interestingly, the printer made a mistake because the pocket watch mechanism is shown upside down. The error was not corrected and the book was delivered.
    The additional brochures were stowed in a firm paper bag in the back cover of the book.

There was also a prospectus that highlighted Zenith's success. I put one page of it here, because it shows the year, when and where which branches were opened in the metropolises:
    1909: Moscow
    1910: Vienna
    1914: London
    1923: A factory in Besancon

This should finally clarify when the factory in Besancon opened its doors. Before that, it was probably a sales branch, which was called "Compagnie de Francaise & Suisse d'Horlogerie" and in which the Moeris company was represented, as a bill from 1915 shows.

Greetings,
    Herold

Name:  Prospekttext.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  204.8 KB
    Name:  Rechnung 1915.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  500.5 KB

According to what I read earlier, the Paris branch was opened in 1909, so the same year as Moscow.
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...

Yes, there are different dates in different sources. Although the above data comes from Zenith itself, but Zenith has nicely talked one or the other if they found it necessary. I didn't consider that in my considerations. I think, only the commercial registers of the respective countries provide final security. But I don't know the French commercial register. And even if I would, it wouldn't help me because I don't speak French.

Thread Information