Can anyone identify this

Thread: Can anyone identify this

Can anyone identify this

Hi, my dad has a Zenith watch with a number stamped on the back "27 0150 881"

It's over 25 years old. Can't find anything about it online.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Can anyone identify this

Welcome to Watchuseek! I am afraid that I can't say all that much about the watch - maybe others have more knowledge. It is definitely more than 25 years old and is probably from the 1980s or early 1990s. The reference number - 27.0150.881 - should code for the case material (27), the model reference (0150) and the movement (881). Unfortunately, I can't find an entry for the 27 but would presume that it's gold plated (since the case back is stainless steel - it is unusual to find solid gold watches with a steel case back), not can I find an entry for the 881. It is probably some ESA-ETA quartz movement. If you were to open the case back, I could identify it but if you don't know how to do it, there is no point in trashing the case back or wasting time going to a watchmaker just for this. However, at the next battery change, try to get a picture of the insides and post it here - it would make us very happy.

Hartmut Richter

Thread Information