Case diameter for 02.0500.400 (Class El Primero)

Thread: Case diameter for 02.0500.400 (Class El Primero)

Question Case diameter for 02.0500.400 (Class El Primero)

Is the 02.0500.400 available only in 38mm?

I've been searching around the web but I've seen some say 38mm, 39mm, 40mm, 42mm, 45mm.

Can't any specifications on Zenith's web site.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Case diameter for 02.0500.400 (Class El Primero)

I don't own the model so I can't measure it but I would say that it's about 38-40mm, definitely not any more than that! As a guideline, the diameter of the movement is 30mm so that the distance from the centre to just past the date window should be 15mm. You can extrapolate from that. I think that, in line with the modern fad for large to oversized watches, some sellers lie through their teeth and inflate the size to make the product more attractive and, if pressed, claim that it was really "lug end to lug end", "including crown" or something like that.

This model, the "Class4" El Primero, came out in the 1990s, a time when El Primeros were all 38-40mm. WHen LVMH took over in 2000, the model was redesignated the "Class Sport" and a larger model brought out, the "Grande Class" range that looked rather different. So, Yes, there are larger "Class" EPs but No, they don't look anything like that.

Hartmut Richter

Thanks again, Hartmut, for the great info!

You may remember me from another thread where I talked about the chrono second hand dragging the minute hand. So I did return the watch and got another one from a different seller. The new one has calibre 400 instead of 400 Z, and after wearing it for more about 3 days, WatchTracker shows that it's -0.2 / day, which is amazing if true.

So the reason I started this thread is that somehow the new one seems a bit bigger than the old (returned) one, but I'm not certain because the new one arrived after the old one was shipped back to the seller, so I couldn't compare them side by side. That being said, I just measured it and the watch is 38mm, which is a perfect size for me.

Also, I've searching around for more info on the 02.0500.400 but haven't come across much, especially in terms of reviews and Zenith literatures. If you, or anyone else who comes across this post, have info that you can share, I will greatly appreciated. :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Not really any more than I have imparted, I'm afraid.....

Hartmut Richter

Thread Information