Chrono hand out of alignment
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UofRSpider

Thread: Chrono hand out of alignment

Chrono hand out of alignment

Hello and good morning from the East Coast, NC US.

My Zenith Rainbow Stratos Flyback keeps near perfect time and all functions work flawlessly. However the Chrono main hand started getting out of alignment several weeks ago and has gotten worse. On reset it started off half a tick mark past 12, now it's 2 full marks off.
    I have no evidence indicating the chrono center hand is loose. Everything looks fine under loupe.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    fskywalker likes this.

Re: Chrono hand out of alignment

Iíve seen and owned many Zeniths where the central second hand comes loose. I think the mounting collar on te El Primero is particularly thin, at least thatís what a watchmaker told me when dealing with one.

I have a trick for resetting my old Ebel 134 chronograph whose hand tends to wander. If itís too far to one side when not running, I run it and stop a little farther, then reset to make it swing back to the centre. For example, if itís stuck at +5 when not running, I run it to +12 or so. It then resets to zero. From now on I can only reset the chrono by running it to zero, otherwise the flick motion of the reset pushes the hand past the zero point. I need to get it serviced...

That is unfortunate! I have only had this happen to me in my Tag Heuer Monaco. I took it to my local watchsmith here in Mexico, he charged me around $30 USD to fix it, with one year warranty! I believe it should be easier to fix on the EP, as the Monaco features a chrono module over the watch movement. If I remember correctly, he disassembled quite a lot.

I know I could not live with it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks. I am going to search for a competent watchmaker in my area. I will update after I get a professional opinion.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Thread Information