Crowns

Thread: Crowns

Crowns

Does anyone know of these are zenith crowns?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Crowns

I am having trouble thinking of another brand with such stars on the crown (except maybe rather little known ones) so, at least superficially, these look like Zenith crowns. At the same time, the quality looks a little poor: the stars are fully closed on some arms but slightly open on others.

The size of the crowns - particularly their height going out from the case - suggest to me that they are supposed to be 1970s Defy crowns. The 1970s Defys had the "NATO" star at first and later switched to the square logo ("inverted star") so they can't be for these watches. At best, they would be bad aftermarket copies. However, there may well be someone who can come up with the watch these are supposed to go on. But until then, I'm sceptical.

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    I am having trouble thinking of another brand with such stars on the crown (except maybe rather little known ones) so, at least superficially, these look like Zenith crowns. At the same time, the quality looks a little poor: the stars are fully closed on some arms but slightly open on others.

The size of the crowns - particularly their height going out from the case - suggest to me that they are supposed to be 1970s Defy crowns. The 1970s Defys had the "NATO" star at first and later switched to the square logo ("inverted star") so they can't be for these watches. At best, they would be bad aftermarket copies. However, there may well be someone who can come up with the watch these are supposed to go on. But until then, I'm sceptical.

Hartmut Richter
    Thanks! I'm a certified watchmaker and I have so many crowns but I haven't seen alot of these symbols or they look different from what I've seen. I really appreciate your input!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Crowns

They don't look like Zenith crowns to me either.
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...

Thread Information