El Primero A384 Revival Manufacturing Period
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: El Primero A384 Revival Manufacturing Period

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I am seriously considering purchasing this for my birthday which is next year. I know this is not limited in number, but does anyone know if it will be made only this year? Many thanks.

J4G

Re: El Primero A384 Revival Manufacturing Period

Quote Originally Posted by palletwheel View Post
    I am seriously considering purchasing this for my birthday which is next year. I know this is not limited in number, but does anyone know if it will be made only this year? Many thanks.
    From what I’ve read, this will be manufactured on a ongoing basis. I hope they keep up with the revivals and make a A3818.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is really a good question. We discussed it a few times at my AD, and nobody really seems to know. The conjecture was that as it says on the case back "1969-2019" and "50th Anniversary Edition", that perhaps it may not be produced beyond this year. They do seem to be made, at least right now, in very limited quantities. My AD doesn't know when they can get another one. This was discussed after I bought mine, so it is not a sales ploy by them.

I was fortunate to arrive at my AD just as the model was being officially released, and they had one. Also lucky that I had just sold a watch and was in the position to get this one. So I decided why wait, as it is such a beautiful watch. In my opinion, it is the nicest watch my AD has received all year, regardless of brand, so I had no hesitation. And I can truly say that none of the photos I have seen truly do the watch full justice.

Apart from being a beautiful watch, it has really been a learning opportunity for me, to get more information about the Zenith vintage models. Mostly thanks to the great guys on this forum!

Well, I don't work for Zenith, or for an AD. I'm just retired and love watches, and have what I consider to be a fine collection. The A384 is the top in my collection. All I can say, if I was you and loved the watch, if it's within your means to get one, I would go ahead now rather than wait. Probably only Zenith really knows how long the model will be in production.

Look forward to your "incoming"!

Cheers,
    Carl
    Homo Sapien X likes this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

None of my local ADs have A384 in stock yet and I live in a major city. I assume like any watch purchase, there will be room for negotiation on the price.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Quote Originally Posted by vchau76 View Post
    None of my local ADs have A384 in stock yet and I live in a major city. I assume like any watch purchase, there will be room for negotiation on the price.
    The way supply is being hopelessly outstripped by demand, I'd say that you can consider yourself lucky if you don't end up paying extra when the dealers turn a sale into an auction.....!!

Hartmut Richter
    carlhaluss likes this.

My local AD had one and was even willing to take a few dollars off. But sadly I have to wait until late October till I have the funds. I was expecting to do this next year. If they get more it will be a pleasant but unexpected purchase. Given Christmas is coming up, perhaps Zenith will gift us 🙂
    carlhaluss likes this.

Scored one from my AD. Picking it up tomorrow! Super excited to see it in person.

carlhaluss likes this.

Just received today! The case is smaller than other watches I own (40mm was smallest until now), but I have to say she wears very nice and fits my 6.5” wrists! Believe the hype if your into the original, you won’t be disappointed with the revival. I immediately switched out the leather strap it came with and put on my own custom strap. I’m going to be ordering a custom rally strap and the steel bracelet when it is available.

If you don’t mind, how much did it go for?

Very nice vintage vibe Z. I just might be in the market for one.

Quote Originally Posted by vchau76 View Post
    Just received today! The case is smaller than other watches I own (40mm was smallest until now), but I have to say she wears very nice and fits my 6.5” wrists! Believe the hype if your into the original, you won’t be disappointed with the revival. I immediately switched out the leather strap it came with and put on my own custom strap. I’m going to be ordering a custom rally strap and the steel bracelet when it is available.

Congratulations! Nice to see another A384 on this forum! Hope you get every bit as much enjoyment from your's as I do from mine. I'm just leaving mine on the original strap, but I really like the look of the custom strap your's is on. It is one of those watches, I think, that is a good size for just about any wrist. My wrist is 7.25in and I find it perfect.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information