WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Help me pick my first Zenith!

712 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Chase16 
#1 · (Edited)
Can't decide between these two... Pilot Big Date is $4500 ($7600 retail) new, and the open dial El Primero is $4500 (retail ~$10,000) used but in mint condition (the wear in the photos is just a bit of grime that wipes right off). 38mm El Primero is selling for $4700 new at a trustworthy grey market site. Pros and cons please...

Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Jewellery

See less See more
#3 ·
Same here: open dials don't do anything for me (even if you get the power reserve as well with it). I'd probably pick the Pilot, especially as I am having increasing difficulty reading the date feature on my watches. In addition, I love the A386 hommage but hate its subdial arrangement (the original A386 had the hour totalizer under the other two). The Pilot is a little bigger and chunkier so if size is an issue, I'd advise you to get the 38mm EP.

Hartmut Richter

#4 ·
I happen to like the open view dial but many do not, to each their own. I would pick the open view dial with the power reserve, because I find that option very useful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.