Help needed to identify this old zenith watch
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pistofernandez

Thread: Help needed to identify this old zenith watch

Help needed to identify this old zenith watch

Hi, found this old watch with help from a family member, had always wanted something similar looking even if the size its a bit on the small side so I pulled the trigger with just a blurry picture, got it finally this week, now i got really curious about the time and model as i haven't been able to find something that looks identical to this one so hopefully someone on this forum can chime in.
    I don't have any provenance or documentation but its keeping time pretty well
    Based on a page i found it seems the movement is one variation of the Cal 106
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Name:  20190813_113849.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  2.04 MBName:  20190813_113134.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  2.15 MBName:  20190813_113051.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  2.18 MBName:  20190813_113150.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  1.88 MB

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Help needed to identify this old zenith watch

I'm sorry but that is a fake - or at least a frankenwatch! On the whole, the watch is genuine, insofar as that all parts of the watch probably left the Zenith factory together. The fake element is mainly the dial which has not only been redialled but also redialled untruthfully, insofar as the watch his pretending to be one of the "Dirty Dozen" (watches in that style made for the British army in WWII). The main problem is that Zenith never made any - the DD included:

Jaeger LeCoultre
    Omega
    Longines
    IWC
    Cyma
    Grana (=Certina)
    Lemania
    Record
    Eterna
    Buren
    Timor
    Vertex

Also, none of these had those hands - it doesn't make sense to have a dial with lume blobs and no lume on the hands! The original hands have just been painted white. Furthermore, the case back was also engraved with "military markings" (arrow, "WWW", military serial number). All in all, something definitely intended to deceive!

Hartmut Richter

As Hartmut said: it's a redial and the hands are not original either. Other than that it looks like an original Zenith cal 106 from 1946.
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sempervivens View Post
    As Hartmut said: it's a redial and the hands are not original either. Other than that it looks like an original Zenith cal 106 from 1946.
    Thanks a lot guys!....

Found a pretty nice page that did cover the Dirty Dozen watches that have that little logo on top and was pretty descriptive about the brands and the modes that each of them manufactured, as mentioned Zenith was not included in the list.
    Well ... franken it is! :)

thanks a lot for your prompt answer!
    sempervivens likes this.

Thread Information