Interesting french site
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Interesting french site

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting french site

Dear All,
    For those of you that know the french language, there is a very interesting forum :
    EDITED BY MODERATOR IN LINE WITH THE FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
    This forum has a Zenith subdivision where many members do post interesting articles.

The forum was created and is managed by ZEN, very very knowledgeable on Zenith history and watches .. his competence and knowledge are phenomenal !
    Here is a link to his other Zenith historical site :
    https://sites.google.com/site/zenith...ns-temporaires

As an example of his articles on the history of Zenith :
    EDITED BY MODERATOR IN LINE WITH THE FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES

For your information,
    Thank you for your attention,
    Last edited by Hartmut Richter; 2 Weeks Ago at 20:37.
    probep and dredzz like this.

Re: Interesting french site

:)
    ZEN (a.k.a. Zenithistoric in Twitter) is a nickname of JoŽl Duval, the author of the well known book devoted to the Zenith manufacture.
    SilkeN likes this.

By the way next to JoŽls side another french side might be interesting. Roland has his collection on line. Nearly without text but some very very interesting pieces and details: Montres de poche ZENITH par Roland Weber I learned from him about the chronographs on LeCoultre basis and finished by the grey emminence Edmund Mathey-Tissot . Very nice as well the "agathe" Pocket watch in jade. With his early GFJ I struggle a bid and I'm a "non believer" and guess it is a F. Jacot but we all dig in the dark.
    probep likes this.
    That's what I think about today:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlUGeY7MWVo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by probep View Post
    :)
    ZEN (a.k.a. Zenithistoric in Twitter) is a nickname of JoŽl Duval, the author of the well known book devoted to the Zenith manufacture.
    Indeed !

Quote Originally Posted by SilkeN View Post
    By the way next to JoŽls side another french side might be interesting. Roland has his collection on line. Nearly without text but some very very interesting pieces and details: Montres de poche ZENITH par Roland Weber I learned from him about the chronographs on LeCoultre basis and finished by the grey emminence Edmund Mathey-Tissot . Very nice as well the "agathe" Pocket watch in jade. With his early GFJ I struggle a bid and I'm a "non believer" and guess it is a F. Jacot but we all dig in the dark.
    Thank you Silke. I've never seen this site before. Very interesting.
    Last edited by probep; 2 Weeks Ago at 18:46.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

I fear that I am going to disappoint a large number of you but I have stepped in and moderated the first post in line with the Forum Rules & Guidelines:

ß13 (section):
    d. links or references to competitive watch forum sites are not allowed in signatures, profiles, homepage hyperlinks, and avatars under any circumstances

e. links or references to competitive watch forum sites may be used in posts from time to time only if they contain information pertinent to the topic under discussion. This usage will be solely at the Moderators’ discretion

The very first link had to go. The second is OK (it's not a forum) and the third had to go since it is not relevant to any topic under discussion (there is none here - the whole topic here is merely a general link to another forum). Silke's link is also OK (not a competitive watch forum).

Hartmut Richter

BtW Roland Weber's site has some mistakes.

I cannot send him explanations because my french is extremelly bad
    Last edited by probep; 2 Weeks Ago at 00:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    I fear that I am going to disappoint a large number of you but I have stepped in and moderated the first post in line with the Forum Rules & Guidelines:

ß13 (section):
    d. links or references to competitive watch forum sites are not allowed in signatures, profiles, homepage hyperlinks, and avatars under any circumstances

e. links or references to competitive watch forum sites may be used in posts from time to time only if they contain information pertinent to the topic under discussion. This usage will be solely at the Moderators’ discretion

The very first link had to go. The second is OK (it's not a forum) and the third had to go since it is not relevant to any topic under discussion (there is none here - the whole topic here is merely a general link to another forum). Silke's link is also OK (not a competitive watch forum).

Hartmut Richter
    Sorry for having broken the rules .. !

Malilis, merci beaucoup ! Beaucoup de lecture pour ce week-end :)

In English for other people: Malilis, thank you very much ! A lot of reading for this weekend :)
    Malilis likes this.

Count me among those disappointed by the link removals. I could understand this rule if it stopped spam or curbed people bashing other forums or bashing this one and linking out to one they believed better, but this post appears to be a genuine attempt to share information about a brand we're all interested in, and with the second link, to demonstrate that the source of the brand information is from a person whose content is informative/reliable (it's hard to tell with the links removed!)

I'd ask the moderators to reconsider this decision and rule. Aren't we all here to share information about Zenith? If someone has some pointers to share that are useful and not clearly an attempt to skirt a rule about spam or commercial posts, I think we'd all be better off with more information and resources, not less.
    Malilis likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information