• 1 Post By 3502dav
  • 2 Post By EnderW
  • 2 Post By Longjean
  • 2 Post By drunken-gmt-master
  • 1 Post By 3502dav

Thread: Looking for El Primero in DC area

Looking for El Primero in DC area

Hi WUS,

I have been looking for a chrono watch for a while and have narrowed it down to a speedy or the el primero tri color on a bracelet. The history of the el primero is very cool which has added to my appreciation and want for the watch.

Without rambling, can anyone here direct me to a AD/shop in the northern Virginia/DC area that carries the watch. I have a 6.5 inch wrist and would like to get my hands on one to size and help me choose.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fskywalker likes this.

Re: Looking for El Primero in DC area

Great choice of a watch. That said, I'm not aware of ADs in DC area (diplomatic duty free carries Zenith, but that is not open to public)
    However, there are 2 excellent ADs that can ship across country - Topper and Timeless Luxury.
    And there is always Grey Market if that is an option.
    3502dav and fskywalker like this.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

If your wrist is smaller, like mine, consider a black croc strap version.
    Zenith straps are of high quality.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 3502dav View Post
    Hi WUS,

I have been looking for a chrono watch for a while and have narrowed it down to a speedy or the el primero tri color on a bracelet. The history of the el primero is very cool which has added to my appreciation and want for the watch.

Without rambling, can anyone here direct me to a AD/shop in the northern Virginia/DC area that carries the watch. I have a 6.5 inch wrist and would like to get my hands on one to size and help me choose.

Thank you.
    There is the Diplomatic Duty Free Shop in the Farragut Square/"Golden Triangle BID" area south of Dupont Circle (close to Farragut North Metro), which shows up in Zenith's web page: https://www.zenith-watches.com/en_en...ashington.html & it is actually open to the public. Per their name, their core customers appear to be foreign diplomats, World Bank/IMF staff, etc., but there are no restrictions on going in, it's just a little hidden away in an office building & they may offer special services to actual diplomats. I visited a few weeks ago, & the watch selection is very slim, kind of like a duty-free store that's been teleported out of the airport (they sell cosmetics, etc., too), so not a great choice if you want to handle something in the metal. However, according to the staff, they can order anything from Zenith if you know exactly what you want.

I have a 6.5" wrist as well & I can tell you that the smaller & older 39-400mm models, like my Class 4 02.0500.400 or any of the new repros, should fit fine, but I've never handled or worn 1 of the bigger 42mm models.
    Last edited by drunken-gmt-master; February 8th, 2020 at 19:51.
    ------------------------------------

(Almost) every watch a tool watch.

Quote Originally Posted by 3502dav View Post
    Hi WUS,

Thank you.

PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Francisco
    Ω 2504.52 / 168.022 / 2201.50 / 2232.30 / 231.90.39.21.04.001
    ♛ 16610 / 18239
    ★ 03.2150.400

Very good advice. Thank you.

fskywalker likes this.