My First El Primero
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: My First El Primero

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My First El Primero

Good day to all. My wife and daughter surprised me with this for my birthday. This is a thing of beauty! Really love this one. Reference 0332040.400. Not sure why pics are orienting this way!
    Name:  image0.jpeg
Views: 174
Size:  580.8 KBName:  image1.jpeg
Views: 186
Size:  633.0 KBName:  image2.jpeg
Views: 169
Size:  842.6 KB

Re: My First El Primero

sweet....
    fskywalker likes this.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Welcome to Watchuseek and congratulations - both on your birthday as well as the watch! And of course on having such a wonderful wife and daughter who make such lovely gifts.....

The watch is a little older, i.e. no longer in production, but only a few years or so old. It is a certified chronometre (as it states on the dial) which is rare for Zenith watches these days. Rolex has all of its watches certified, Zenith only a select few. The all-silver colouring makes it a little bland but the lume on hands and dial makes up for it in the darkness and half-light conditions. Perhaps the biggest issue is the slightly silly subdial arrangement (minute totaliser under the less used hour totaliser) which makes it difficult to total up the elapsed minutes. Zenith have since changed that on their watches but if you don't require the chronograph all that much, you'll hardly notice the difference.

Hartmut Richter
    fskywalker and carlhaluss like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very nice! As Hartmut stated a slightly older discontinued model, so I had not seen it until now. I really like the more monochrome look, with the different shades of grey/silver. Zenith also makes beautiful stainless steel bracelets, and that looks great. Lovely wife and daughter! Enjoy the El Primero in good health!

Cheers,
    Carl
    fskywalker likes this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

A chronometer model! That’s pretty cool and rare, as others have pointed out. It’s interesting how the grey colour tone gives it a very neutral styling. I expect it will be quite versatile to wear.
    fskywalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    Welcome to Watchuseek and congratulations - both on your birthday as well as the watch! And of course on having such a wonderful wife and daughter who make such lovely gifts.....

The watch is a little older, i.e. no longer in production, but only a few years or so old. It is a certified chronometre (as it states on the dial) which is rare for Zenith watches these days. Rolex has all of its watches certified, Zenith only a select few. The all-silver colouring makes it a little bland but the lume on hands and dial makes up for it in the darkness and half-light conditions. Perhaps the biggest issue is the slightly silly subdial arrangement (minute totaliser under the less used hour totaliser) which makes it difficult to total up the elapsed minutes. Zenith have since changed that on their watches but if you don't require the chronograph all that much, you'll hardly notice the difference.

Hartmut Richter
    Yes I’ve wanted this specific model for a while and my wife found it for me in mint condition with all boxes and papers, a full kit. It is hard to see but the main Chrono hand is blue and gives the watch a blue tint in certain light. The COSC certification was very important to me in this watch. I am very pleased with it. Thanks
    fskywalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by erikesp View Post
    Good day to all. My wife and daughter surprised me with this for my birthday. This is a thing of beauty! Really love this one. Reference 0332040.400. Not sure why pics are orienting this way!
    ...reduce size of pic and re upload...they should turn right side up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    fskywalker likes this.

...and congrats on a fine fine gift. What an awesome treat to have family savvy enough to acquire such a specialized find for you, you are a lucky man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    fskywalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by erikesp View Post
    Beautiful EP, welcome to the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Francisco
    Ω 2504.52 / 168.022 / 2201.50 / 2232.30 / 231.90.39.21.04.001
    ♛ 16610 / 18239