Need Info for This Zenith
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kenttankk

Thread: Need Info for This Zenith

Need Info for This Zenith

I just sent my watch to the factory to replace the bezel disc n glass + polishing thru LVMH. But strangely the LVMH technician couldn't find any serial no for my watch even after opened up the back case. I am sure it's original cos I have sent it to factory for complete overhaul before n replaced fault parts. Anyone have the details n facts of my watch?

I would like to change the case as well but LVMH told me there wouldn't be any stock left. Anyone know where can I still find the case (new old stock)?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Regarding the case>>>

Your best bet is to haunt eBay. From time-to-time, I see cases. As well, you may find someone wanting to sell their destroyed watch for parts. Outside of that, googling the entire net is your last resort. I say last, because w/o a model number, you may not be able to narrow down the search parameters.

Hopefully someone else can fill you in on the particulars for your watch!

Regards,

Dan

Re: Need Info for This Zenith

Thanks Dan.
    But is it common that no serial no for a watch like this?
    Hope someone can give me more info abt this watch. Really like it n like to know more.
    jopex likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Judging by the Zeniths I have seen, Zenith stopped dishing out serial numbers - in the shape of lengthy eight-digit numbers on the geartrain bridge or wheelhouse bridge - in the late sixties. The Chronomaster series did have watch serial numbers on the rotor but LVMH seem to have stopped that practice too. However, the EP movement serial number should be present in all EP watches and this should be on the mainplate, just under the balance wheel. If this is missing, either Zenith had a period in which it wasn't given or it has been etched out - which would be very fishy!!

Hartmut Richter

Wow. If i thats the case, i have to open up the back case myself n check? Since i dun have the necessary equipments n skills, then i have to rely on the factory. Maybe i'll just send an email to the factory n see if they can help me on this. Thanks Hartmut.

Smile Re: Need Info for This Zenith

I got the info from Zenith SA, would like to share it:
    Movement calibre 3019 PHC, Defy collection and reference 01.0190.415, produced in 1976 in 500 exemplars.

Thread Information