(NEW MEMBER HERE) ZENITH GRAND PRIX PARIS 1900
Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By palaz
  • 2 Post By Hartmut Richter
  • 1 Post By fskywalker
  • 1 Post By sempervivens

Thread: (NEW MEMBER HERE) ZENITH GRAND PRIX PARIS 1900

(NEW MEMBER HERE) ZENITH GRAND PRIX PARIS 1900

Dear friends I just joined this forum in my effort to identify one of my watches.
    Besides my collection of wrist watches, I also have some very old pocket watches some of which seem quite interesting.
    One of these is the ZENITH I show in the following pictures. Most similar watches I have found in the web are either silver or gold-plated and the dial is completely different.
    The movement Ref# is 1934320.
    Can anyone give me some help?

Name:  _MG_7544.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  1.14 MBName:  _MG_7545.JPG
Views: 55
Size:  1.49 MBName:  _MG_7547.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  1.04 MBName:  _MG_7549.JPG
Views: 47
Size:  1.06 MB
    fskywalker, dredzz, WTSP and 2 others like this.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: (NEW MEMBER HERE) ZENITH GRAND PRIX PARIS 1900

Welcome to the Watchuseek Zenith forum and congratulations on a fine watch! The serial number dates it to 1915, a time when the Swiss watch industry was not yet down in the dumps (people had less cash to spend due to the war but the war industry certainly made sure that lots of stuff was ordered - trench watches, timers for fuses, etc.). Only a few years later, a fully jewelled (17j) watch was rather rarer since there was a chance of it ending up on the shelf for some time.

Gold or gold plated? I wouldn't know without being able to see the inner side of the outer back cover. If it says something like "18K" (or "14K" or "9K"), it is solid gold. If it says something like "rolled gold" or "doublé", it is plated. With a gold inner cover, I would suspect that it's solid gold, though.

Hartmut Richter
    fskywalker and palaz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by palaz View Post
    Dear friends I just joined this forum in my effort to identify one of my watches.
    Besides my collection of wrist watches, I also have some very old pocket watches some of which seem quite interesting.
    One of these is the ZENITH I show in the following pictures. Most similar watches I have found in the web are either silver or gold-plated and the dial is completely different.
    The movement Ref# is 1934320.
    Can anyone give me some help?

Name:  _MG_7544.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  1.14 MBName:  _MG_7545.JPG
Views: 55
Size:  1.49 MBName:  _MG_7547.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  1.04 MBName:  _MG_7549.JPG
Views: 47
Size:  1.06 MB
    Nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    palaz likes this.
    Francisco
    Ω 2504.52 / 168.022 / 2201.50 / 2232.30 / 231.90.39.21.04.001
    ♛ 16610 / 18239
    ★ 03.2150.400

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum also from me and congratulations on your Zenith. Like Hartmut said, it looks like a 1915 production. Only thing missing in your post is the inside of the caseback, which should mention the material of the case and the case number, and which would further help to answer your questions.
    palaz likes this.
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...

Quote Originally Posted by sempervivens View Post
    Welcome to the forum also from me and congratulations on your Zenith. Like Hartmut said, it looks like a 1915 production. Only thing missing in your post is the inside of the caseback, which should mention the material of the case and the case number, and which would further help to answer your questions.
    Thanks. Once I get it back from the safe deposit box where I keep my watches (I rotate them frequently) I will check for the case number.
    It is anyway very moving the fact that a watch (or rather piece of art) made more than a century ago, still works and keeps time very well!

Thread Information