Opinion on possible trade
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Opinion on possible trade

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinion on possible trade

Hi all, I may have the opportunity to trade my Rolex Hulk (about a year old) for a Zenith Defy Lab (new), what is your view? Would you do ti?
    One thing that interests me in horology are precision watches and also movements that offer something different and the Zenith combines both.
    fskywalker likes this.

Re: Opinion on possible trade

Well the Hulk is very desirable, how does the current street price compares with the Zenth you like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Francisco
    Ω 2504.52 / 168.022 / 2201.50 / 2232.30 / 231.90.39.21.04.001
    ♛ 16610 / 18239
    ★ 03.2150.400

Quote Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
    Well the Hulk is very desirable, how does the current street price compares with the Zenth you like?

Well the price official price of the Zenith here in the UK is £15K, but you can get one around €13-14k in Chrono24 (there isn't a lot though). So is kind of like for like.
    fskywalker likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by joaot View Post
    Well the price official price of the Zenith here in the UK is £15K, but you can get one around Ä13-14k in Chrono24 (there isn't a lot though). So is kind of like for like.
    Well if you are leveragingn the Hulk market peak would say go for it !

joaot likes this.
    Francisco
    Ω 2504.52 / 168.022 / 2201.50 / 2232.30 / 231.90.39.21.04.001
    ♛ 16610 / 18239
    ★ 03.2150.400

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

If you want the most accurate watch, go for the Defy Lab. There is no more accurate mechanical watch!

Hartmut Richter

I wrote Lab but actually I meant to write Inventor... But is kind of the same...
    fskywalker likes this.

I believe you're referencing Defy Inventor. The Defy Lab was a very limited edition run back in 2017, and if you can actually get your hands on an edition of 10, then you shouldn't be asking here ;)

Go for the trade. The Zenith Inventor is a very cool piece, and one that you likely won't encounter on another wrist. You're also asking folks in the Zenith forum, and I would suspect most would say yes. If you asked in the R*&!$ forum, you may get a whole different perspective.
    joaot likes this.
    ♛ Rolex | Ω Omega | IWC | Zenith | B&R | GP | Panerai | Seiko

IG: awatchscene

Quote Originally Posted by WatchScene View Post
    I believe you're referencing Defy Inventor. The Defy Lab was a very limited edition run back in 2017, and if you can actually get your hands on an edition of 10, then you shouldn't be asking here ;)

Go for the trade. The Zenith Inventor is a very cool piece, and one that you likely won't encounter on another wrist. You're also asking folks in the Zenith forum, and I would suspect most would say yes. If you asked in the R*&!$ forum, you may get a whole different perspective.
    Yes, I made a mistake it is the inventor. True this is a Zenith forum :), but I am sure you don't like every Zenith watch.
    Of course the Rolex forum would say don't trade, even if not just because the submariner will probably hold its value better in the future. But, mostly, watches and value don't go together...
    Zenithconnoisseur likes this.

I donít like Rolex and on brand alone Iíd say go with Zenith. However, in order to provide a less biased answer Iíd have to say that the green colour of the Rolex Hulk is very nice. Thereís something about it that makes it more different and interesting than other Rolex watches. I know itís just a colour variant, but it works in my opinion. Also, itís likely more versatile style-wise than the Inventor, with the caveat that green may be more challenging to match than other colours.

On the other hand the Inventor is something else. If there was one Zenith model I wish I could have right now that would be it. The motion of the oscillator on the dial side is mesmerizing. That sells it for me. The Aeronith material for the bezel is pretty cool. I think itís nice to have that while the rest of the case is titanium. Full Aeronith seems a bit much. The down sides I can think of are that the case is a bit large, itís harder to pair with different outfits and I personally prefer domed to flat crystals (though I have to admit that flat works for that design).

In the end, Iíd definitely make the trade for the inventor. Does the one youíre looking at come in a specific colour scheme?
    joaot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WTSP View Post
    I don’t like Rolex and on brand alone I’d say go with Zenith. However, in order to provide a less biased answer I’d have to say that the green colour of the Rolex Hulk is very nice. There’s something about it that makes it more different and interesting than other Rolex watches. I know it’s just a colour variant, but it works in my opinion. Also, it’s likely more versatile style-wise than the Inventor, with the caveat that green may be more challenging to match than other colours.

On the other hand the Inventor is something else. If there was one Zenith model I wish I could have right now that would be it. The motion of the oscillator on the dial side is mesmerizing. That sells it for me. The Aeronith material for the bezel is pretty cool. I think it’s nice to have that while the rest of the case is titanium. Full Aeronith seems a bit much. The down sides I can think of are that the case is a bit large, it’s harder to pair with different outfits and I personally prefer domed to flat crystals (though I have to admit that flat works for that design).

In the end, I’d definitely make the trade for the inventor. Does the one you’re looking at come in a specific colour scheme?
    Thank you for the extended analysis.
    Regarding the colour, I don't think so. Actually in my poor knowledge I though there is only one colour available. Anyway is the reference 95.9001.9100/78.R920.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information