Thoughts on Zenith USA servicing
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Thoughts on Zenith USA servicing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Last March, I sent in my Rainbow 405z for full servicing. The only nit I have is that the servicer left a slight finger print on the inside of the crystal. It's clearly visible under the right lighting conditions and angle but it's very slight. Recently, a friend recommended I turn this in to be resolved under warranty. I'm not too pressed but if there's time over the holidays, I may call in and ask about this and how long it would take to accomplish (not looking forward to losing my daily wearer for even a week).

Any stories (good or bad) about Zenith USA servicing. I've heard both positive and negative experiences.

Many thanks again for your input.
    fskywalker likes this.

Re: Thoughts on Zenith USA servicing

Quote Originally Posted by mercurynfo View Post
    Last March, I sent in my Rainbow 405z for full servicing. The only nit I have is that the servicer left a slight finger print on the inside of the crystal. It's clearly visible under the right lighting conditions and angle but it's very slight. Recently, a friend recommended I turn this in to be resolved under warranty. I'm not too pressed but if there's time over the holidays, I may call in and ask about this and how long it would take to accomplish (not looking forward to losing my daily wearer for even a week).

Any stories (good or bad) about Zenith USA servicing. I've heard both positive and negative experiences.

Many thanks again for your input.
    Would send it in as there is no reason to accept it like that if you pay top dollar for the service (even if you have to survive without it for a while)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by fskywalker; November 26th, 2019 at 14:23.
    mercurynfo likes this.
    Francisco
    Ω 2504.52 / 168.022 / 2201.50 / 2232.30 / 231.90.39.21.04.001
    ♛ 16610 / 18239
    ★ 03.2150.400

That would drive me insane.
    mercurynfo and fskywalker like this.
    We may be lost but we're making good time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I feel your pain. My Defy has to go back because the timing is way off. Looks like I’m out $60 for shipping each time also.
    fskywalker likes this.

I find that sort of thing really irritating and it happens regularly. Service centres need some sort of post servicing checklist of common things to avoid, like specs or grease under the crystal, misaligned hands, complications that donít function properly, etc.

Personally, Iíve started opening cases of the watches myself and wiping down the underside the of the crystal or blowing away any flecks left over. I did that recently with a Valjoux based watch that had a screw floating around in the case when I received it in te mail brand new. It was just the movement holder clip and its screw. Yes, itís risky, you need the tools and some experience, but Iíve personally found it less aggravating to do this myself for certain pieces rather than go back through the whole dumb servicing process again. Much of the time it comes back with a similar issue.

To be clear, I refer to service centres in general. My statements donít concern the Zenith/LVMH center specifically. I have a Zenith thatís been passed on from Canada, referred to the US when I had some questions as to their process and is now being sent to Switzerland. Itís been a slow process. I pray it comes back in good condition, which will likely be sometime next summer at this pace.

At least their concierges are responsive, so if you send a question it gets a response reasonably quickly.

I am interested in this topic as I recently acquired an older Zenith Chronometer and would like to be as informed as possible regarding having it serviced. Anyone with first hand experience on Zenith service, your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    fskywalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by erikesp View Post
    I am interested in this topic as I recently acquired an older Zenith Chronometer and would like to be as informed as possible regarding having it serviced. Anyone with first hand experience on Zenith service, your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    While my experience was nominal, Ive since heard horror stories about zenith usa servicing. I paid for a full service $760 + $135 for a new crystal which i regret after the fact. Here is a description of the service on my invoice:

Service consists of the following steps: disassembly and thorough cleaning of the entire dismantled movement, correction of all problems and replacement of necessary movement parts, oiling, calibration and reassembly according to the manufacturer's specifications; Ultrasonic cleaning of case & bracelet, surface refreshing (when applicable), replacement of all seals including crown and pusher gaskets (when applicable). Precious metals priced separately. Power reserve and time keeping test. One (1) year warranty on all chargeable work performed.

Hope this helps you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    fskywalker likes this.

To date I have had 5 Zenith watches serviced at the NJ location. I have had another 3 watches sent to the Manufacture in Switzerland. I can say definitively that the NJ location is FAR inferior. In fact, it's such that I have had to return 2 of 5 watches back to have corrections made.

In the first instance, the bezel of my Cronometro Tipo CP-2 fell off while in the AD's shop upon rotation the first time (apparently no QC in NJ).
    In the second instance, my Stratos LE was severely scratched on the lugs (it had a metal bracelet) and on the caseback from improper use of the caseback opener.

Also, please note that the the cost of service does not include additional parts (if and when needed).

I would not send a watch to the USA center. If you need a great reference then Kelly Hunter at "Art of the Watch". He has just finished my Rainbow Flyback and di an excellent job. He is thoroughly knowledgeable and professional. He had originally quoted me about 10 weeks...it took 12 since some parts were a bit harder to obtain.

Watch came back looking excellent with no scratches on the case or bracelet...... or lugs.....
    harryst likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ralfoto View Post
    I would not send a watch to the USA center. If you need a great reference then Kelly Hunter at "Art of the Watch". He has just finished my Rainbow Flyback and di an excellent job. He is thoroughly knowledgeable and professional. He had originally quoted me about 10 weeks...it took 12 since some parts were a bit harder to obtain.

Watch came back looking excellent with no scratches on the case or bracelet...... or lugs.....
    Based on recent feedback, Ill probably look into Art of the Watch in the future.

Curious what parts were hard to obtain in your recent ? Does he use Zenith parts or other after market equivalents?

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    fskywalker likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information