vintage Zenith El Primero A386 for sale
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: vintage Zenith El Primero A386 for sale

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

vintage Zenith El Primero A386 for sale

Perhaps in response to the consistently rising prices, there are regular offerings on the market, of what one could say is the most beautiful and technically the best wristwatch chronograph of all times.

Here is another one for sale on the bay, for the forum to comment:

Vintage Zenith El Primero Ref. A386 aus dem Jahr 1969 - Super Sammlerstück | eBay

For future reference I've copied some of the pics and the description:

Name:  $_57.JPG
Views: 3566
Size:  211.8 KBName:  $_57 (1).JPG
Views: 3312
Size:  149.4 KBName:  $_57 (3).JPG
Views: 3297
Size:  180.6 KBName:  $_57 (4).JPG
Views: 3316
Size:  136.1 KBName:  $_57 (2).JPG
Views: 3437
Size:  148.3 KB

Zenith El Primero A386 aus dem Jahr 1969
    Super Sammlerstück - limitierte Auflage
    kommt gerade aus der Revision - 1 Jahr Garantie
    Diese traumhafte Sammleruhr ist in einem für ihr Alter sehr guten Zustand. Die Uhr kommt gerade aus der Revision direkt von Zenith und hat 1 Jahr Garantie. Bei der Revision wurden neue Zeiger eingebaut, aber wir geben die alten Tritiumzeiger gern mit. Das Zifferblatt wurde nicht ausgewechselt. Der Service allein hat 1891,00 Euro gekostet. Die Rechnung wird beigelegt. Tragespuren am Gehäuse sind nur minimal vorhanden. Die Seriennummer ist auf dem Gehäusedeckel gut zu erkennen. Sie lautet 53XD6XX. Das schwarze Lederarmband ist von Juwelier Becker in Hamburg und nagelneu. Insgesamt ist der Zustand der Uhr auf den Fotos sehr gut zu erkennen. Der Gehäusedurchmesser beträgt ca. 38 mm. Lassen Sie sich die Gelegenheit nicht entgehen - dieses Modell ist wirklich nicht oft zu finden. Es ist der weltweit erste Chronograph mit Automatikwerk und er wurde in limitierter Auflage produziert.
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...

Re: vintage Zenith El Primero A386 for sale

Yes it a mark1 with a beautiful dial, service hands and crown but the seller says the watch will be shipped with the original hands, that's is fine if the original hands and crown are in good shape but no pictures of the original parts or movement, zenith did a nice job in polishing the case but the lugs bevelled edges lost some of their sharpness these mark1 a386 are very rare some say about 400 were made out of the 2500 a386 produced

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

...and the crown isn't original either. The square logo wasn't introduced until ca. 1972. Original dial (it is claimed)?! Certainly looks very clean for that.

If the service cost nearly 1900 Euros, I cringe at what they will want for it (didn't look it up, don't know and probably don't want to either!).

Thanks for posting that.

Hartmut Richter

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

One recently went for $10k on ebay with an original bracelet and Zenith box. This one looks good except the new hands throw it off for me. I wonder how bad the originals are. This is kind of why I'm afraid to send mine in to Zenith because if it comes back polished with all new hands I won't be happy.

I'd say they will get at least USD$8,000 for it or close to 5900 Euros.

The dial, tachymetre ring, and case are the only parts original from 1969 , the hands, crown, and pushers, are brand spanking new services parts, no pictures of the movement. The first 3019 movements produced early on has distinctive features that are only common to the very first el primero produced early in 1969 and after a service the may not be present.

I agree with what's been said.

Nice original dial and tachymeter.

Polished case, but not too bad.

The new hands look a bit incongruous: too white for the nicely aged dial.

However, why send a watch to the company for service, when obviously they have something against vintage watches?

They clearly and deliberately discriminate older watches.

They service more recent El Primero's for much less, although technically there is no difference.

Apparently it has become the rule now to charge 1800 euro for servicing any vintage El Primero.

1800 euro for four hours of work...

Really, for such a price I would expect a little more work, and a pucka result, which it is not.

Look at that tachymeter: poorly aligned.

The case polish is not that bad but not that good either.

Somehow the new pushers also don't look the part. Am I wrong or do they stick out too far?

In the present circumstances our forum sponsor should be avoided at all costs for servicing vintage watches.

Really, asking six times the price of a normal first class service, is beyond my understanding.

I could understand double price, but six times the normal price? It didn't use to be like that...

Maybe I'm just being grumpy. The times they are a changing...and nobody is obliged to send their vintage to the company.

Now, this is still a wonderful watch. Let's see what it does.
    Last edited by sempervivens; November 29th, 2013 at 05:10.
    Veritas99 likes this.

The pushers do look like they stick out too far. Could just be the angle of the photographer.

1,800 Euro is insane unless you're getting back a watch that could pass as new. And even then with vintage you don't want it to pass as new. I'd rather not send it to Zenith, but I need a chrono seconds hand and a signed crown. Do they let these parts out of the service centers? I didn't think there are a lot of independents with LVMH parts accounts.

The seller has put up pictures of all the original parts and the all look fantastic, it is just beyond me how zenith can do this to such an iconic watch, but it all to late for one bidder as he has retracted his bid reducing the current price on the watch significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by BRIAN 3019 PHF View Post
    The seller has put up pictures of all the original parts and the all look fantastic, it is just beyond me how zenith can do this to such an iconic watch, but it all to late for one bidder as he has retracted his bid reducing the current price on the watch significantly.
    Interesting. With these original parts you can restore the watch to its former glory and you have some rare spare parts to keep or to resell, which should increase the value of the lot.

5,000 Euro so far.

I just want the original parts.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information