Vintage Zenith watch movement case identify gold or brass?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Vintage Zenith watch movement case identify gold or brass?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vintage Zenith watch movement case identify gold or brass?

Hi, everyone I have a nice vintage Zenith square tank 18k gold watch maybe from 40's. size is 24.4mm without crown. If someone know about this watch, please let me know what kind of metal being used on this movement case. I found the case back marked 18k (0.750) on the case back and case also 18k but not too sure if the movement also gold as looks really shine pristine and rust free from maybe 80 years old watch.
    So my question are how old is the watch and what is the metal on the movement case?
    Thank you so much and your help will be really appreciated.
    Wayne

Name:  DSC_8546.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  930.1 KB
    Name:  DSC_8248.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  983.1 KB

Name:  DSC_8553.JPG
Views: 35
Size:  4.40 MB
    Last edited by Hartmut Richter; March 17th, 2020 at 23:12. Reason: One post should do

Re: Vintage Zenith watch movement case identify gold or brass?

Welcome to the Zenith forum. The movement is goldplated. Only one picture is missing: the back. Does it have a number on the back?
    winhansse7 likes this.
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...

Name:  DSC_8556.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  1.05 MB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for your quick reply. yes, the number on the back is 433190. Any idea of how old? Really appreciate your input.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Welcome to Watchuseek! That is a lovely watch! The movement serial number (3702770) dates it to 1947/48. Zenith would be able to give you a precise date on the basis of that number but it would cost you (120 Swiss Francs, I believe). The movement is a Cal. 810 which was made between 1944-55 (ca. 34480 pieces).

Hartmut Richter
    winhansse7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    Welcome to Watchuseek! That is a lovely watch! The movement serial number (3702770) dates it to 1947/48. Zenith would be able to give you a precise date on the basis of that number but it would cost you (120 Swiss Francs, I believe). The movement is a Cal. 810 which was made between 1944-55 (ca. 34480 pieces).

Hartmut Richter
    Thank you so much and this is very helpful information otherwise I have no a clue. Appreciate your expertise.

Hartmut Richter
    And you have good eyes can see the number on the movement:) Amazing indeed.

The case number matches the movement number and dates it c. 1948. Wear it in good health.
    winhansse7 likes this.
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

I'd just accept the date as near enough as I have given it and leave it at that. Getting a precise date is a nice extra but whether it is worth that sort of cash, I would not know (I'd give it a miss unless it's a prized family heirloom and was rolling in cash). As for the serial number, copying the picture to an appropriate picture editor and blowing it up helps a lot!

Hartmut Richter
    winhansse7 likes this.

I'd just accept the date as near enough as I have given it and leave it at that. Getting a precise date is a nice extra but whether it is worth that sort of cash, I would not know (I'd give it a miss unless it's a prized family heirloom and was rolling in cash). As for the serial number, copying the picture to an appropriate picture editor and blowing it up helps a lot!

Hartmut Richter
    Thanks for the input. I didn't realize how small until I have it on my 7" wrist but each day glowing and adorable watch. It's good to know the history of this watch and I started to appreciate even more. Maybe one day if my daughter will inherit from me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information