WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Will there be a 38mm no date El Primero

4K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  issey.miyake 
#1 ·
There is a date window on both the 38mm and 42mm El Primeros, I think the 42mm looks ok with a date window, but the 38mm would be sweet without a date, I know the open heart has no date but I would like to see a no date with the three sub dials.

What do you think the chances are of Zenith making a no date El Primero, particularly on the 38mm.

#3 ·
Personally, I am a big fan of no date dials. However, I doubt that they would do it on the 38mm, as that is the model closest to the original, especially having the date between 4 and 5 o'clock. I think the only models you will ever see without the date are the Pilot models.

#4 ·
The only other no date model I can think of offhand is the "146" revival. And this shows what you would have to expect to get a three totaliser no date watch: a revival. Zenith generally make functional, modern watches these days and, when a movement has got a date, they put it in. The El Primero has always had a date - so they put it in! Only when they emulate older watches (in this case, Cal. 136 or 146 watches with hour totaliser) would you expect to see no date for historical reasons.

Hartmut Richter

#6 ·
No date = I will buy one!

#8 ·
Looks like Zenith will be releasing a 38mm no-date Chronomaster El Primero but, unfortunately, it appears to be a limited edition and offered exclusively to members of Silicon Valley-based "Collective". See the following link:
https://www.revolution.watch/zenith-chronomaster-el-primero-c-01-for-collective/
I actually really like how this one looks and just wish it wasn't exclusive to Collective

#9 ·
Zenith Heritage 146 is 38mm with no date

#14 ·
This is on my wishlist of watches from Zenith!

This and a no date Defy Classic blue dial

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.