Will there be a 38mm no date El Primero
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Will there be a 38mm no date El Primero

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Will there be a 38mm no date El Primero

There is a date window on both the 38mm and 42mm El Primeros, I think the 42mm looks ok with a date window, but the 38mm would be sweet without a date, I know the open heart has no date but I would like to see a no date with the three sub dials.

What do you think the chances are of Zenith making a no date El Primero, particularly on the 38mm.

Re: Will there be a 38mm no date El Primero

Quote Originally Posted by sea_urchin View Post
    There is a date window on both the 38mm and 42mm El Primeros, I think the 42mm looks ok with a date window, but the 38mm would be sweet without a date, I know the open heart has no date but I would like to see a no date with the three sub dials.

What do you think the chances are of Zenith making a no date El Primero, particularly on the 38mm.
    I really wish this would happen!
    sea_urchin likes this.
    Orient Star WZ0291DK JDM
    Omega Seamaster Professional Diver 300M 210.30.42.20.01.001
    Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moonwatch" 311.30.42.30.01.006

Personally, I am a big fan of no date dials. However, I doubt that they would do it on the 38mm, as that is the model closest to the original, especially having the date between 4 and 5 o'clock. I think the only models you will ever see without the date are the Pilot models.
    sea_urchin likes this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

The only other no date model I can think of offhand is the "146" revival. And this shows what you would have to expect to get a three totaliser no date watch: a revival. Zenith generally make functional, modern watches these days and, when a movement has got a date, they put it in. The El Primero has always had a date - so they put it in! Only when they emulate older watches (in this case, Cal. 136 or 146 watches with hour totaliser) would you expect to see no date for historical reasons.

Hartmut Richter
    sea_urchin, TSeay18 and carlhaluss like this.

I will keep my fingers crossed for a no date version tho your reasoning makes sense as to why a date is given.

No date = I will buy one!
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

No date version - yes please! From previous experience having a chrono with the date in the 4:30 position, it never got used. Understand the history behind its inclusion but releasing a ND version would IMO widen the appeal of the Zenith brand

Looks like Zenith will be releasing a 38mm no-date Chronomaster El Primero but, unfortunately, it appears to be a limited edition and offered exclusively to members of Silicon Valley-based "Collective". See the following link:
    https://www.revolution.watch/zenith-...or-collective/
    I actually really like how this one looks and just wish it wasn't exclusive to Collective
    sea_urchin likes this.

Zenith Heritage 146 is 38mm with no date

Just starting my watch collection...

Mine: Oris 581 7592 40 51 (Artelier Complication), Zenith 03.0516.685 (Defy Classic Power Reserve Elite), Zenith 03.1260.4039 (Chronomaster Open Grande Date XXT), Zodiac Astrographic 2000, Victorinox 241425 (Dive Master 500 Mechanical), Stowa Flieger Baumuster B with 215-1 handwind, Glashutte Original 1-36-01-01-02-01 (Senator Excellence), Zenith 95.9000.670/78.M9000 (Defy Classic Openworked), Zenith 01.0500.420 (El Primero HW), Tudor 91210N (North Flag)
    Wife: Perrelet A2038/1 (Diamond Flower), Oris 561 7604 40 94 (Artelier Date Diamonds), Zenith 03.1220.6801 (Baby Open Heart)

Quote Originally Posted by Zojaj View Post
    Looks like Zenith will be releasing a 38mm no-date Chronomaster El Primero but, unfortunately, it appears to be a limited edition and offered exclusively to members of Silicon Valley-based "Collective". See the following link:
    https://www.revolution.watch/zenith-...or-collective/
    I actually really like how this one looks and just wish it wasn't exclusive to Collective

I hope the limited edition run of just 50 units is a prelude to a no date El Primero being released. There is demand for this & would be in my collection
    Last edited by Watchme7; September 27th, 2019 at 17:49.
    sea_urchin likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information