Zenith 40 T Chronometre

Thread: Zenith 40 T Chronometre

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zenith 40 T Chronometre

Which year is this Chronometre the winding crown is missing ! Where can I find the right crown the caliber is in perfect shape and runs !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Zenith 40 T Chronometre

Hi there, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Zenith. I would estimate this dates to c. 1962/63. Based on the movement serial number and the case number, you can also purchase an extract from Zenith archives.
    Hope this helps.
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...

Thank you for your support is it easy to find an original winding crown for this caliber 40T ? I am living in Europe !

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Gold Z Star crown would be correct. Shouldn’t be too hard to find one

Name:  8DC7F5F5-8758-433F-8BEA-5D1D0374A5CF.jpeg
Views: 55
Size:  197.7 KB

The only way to date a Zenith accurately is to get an extract. I’ve been researching serial numbers for the past year and found that there is no certainty to their numbering system. The heritage department has confirmed as such.

I have my Zenith 40 T back from service an original crown and it runs perfect + 4 sec a day I still have a question are these hands original I saw a few other models with different hands !

True, these exist in at least two different styles of hands and dials. The hands of your watch are correct though, I have seen the same hands in a steel version of the cal 40 T chronometre.

The logo on the crown is a later period, from 1969-1972, I suppose it was fitted during the recent service. It is a beautiful Zenith crown, even though not period correct.
    Last edited by sempervivens; April 8th, 2020 at 17:57.
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...

Thank you semperviven the service was done in Zürich Switzerland at a Vintage Watch store and the crown was ordered at Zenith in Le Locle with movement - and case numbers present I asked them when I picked up this watch is this the original crown yes it is ! and this shop has a professional Impressum they service watches from all the big brands like Rolex , IWC , Zenith, Omega etc I am a little confused now.

Found this in the Forum this should be the right crown 🙏🙏

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

That is not quite correct, e.g. the square logo was not used from 1970 onward but instead from 1972 or even 1973 onwards. These are only approximate year indications. Furthermore, even Rössler (who is somewhat inaccurate on this point - he also gives "1970" for the square logo) states that the "NATO star" logo came into use in 1965 which would also be outside the range of your watch. I am afraid that the correct crown is still the five pointed star with a superimposed "Z".

Hartmut Richter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information